The Student Room Group

ST CATHARINE'S - interviews

Ok since theres so many of us applying at st catz, i thought it would b nice to exchange information:

Course:
Received interivew? yes/no
When (Date-time)
With who:

ANY STUDENT CURRENTLY IN CAMBRIDGE: ANY INFO ON SPECIFIC INTERVIEWERS WILL BE VERY HELPFUL THANK YOU (like, is he/she nice, does he/she appreciate a student who talks a lot etc etc)

ok i should start with mine:

course: Economics
Received interview? Yess indeed
When: 12th december 2 pm
With who Dr. Syria Lyer and Dr Philip Faulkner

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i thought catz was women only. Just me.
Question why is practically everyone applying for catz applying for economics?
Reply 2
hmm nop catz is mixed :biggrin: and well there r a mainly 2 reasons for economics students to apply at st catz:

1) It is one of the very few colleges who does not require the submission of any written work whatsoever (apart from a questionnaire)

2) It is quite a popular subject at Catz

that said,
PEOPLE STOP APPLYING, THERE R SO MANY APPLICANTS THAT LIKE 90% OF US WILL GET POOLED AND EITHER REJECTED :eek: OR RE-ASSIGNED SOMEWHERE ELSE :frown:
jk people, st catz is gr8, apply where u like
Reply 3
Nicolo Is The Cambridge Nazi!
Reply 4
I stayed over at St. Catharines on the Cambridge Open Day, it seemed a great place and right in the centre of all the over colleges.
Reply 5
Catz has quite a lot of economists for such a small college, I think. Last year there were 12 first years, this year 11. According to this data, there were 71 applicants for 2004 entry (and 12 acceptances). Catz is also pretty darn good for economics, in my humble (and totally biased) opinion. Last year's first year got a crazy number of firsts, and catz came top of the overall Tompkins table.

If you have any questions about econ @ catz, just ask. I'm a first-year economist at catz, so (in theory, at least) I should know what I'm talking about.
Reply 6
indeed :biggrin:

oh since i have a chance to ask an actual st catz student,
hows the housing like?
u dont have to share bathrooms or that sorta stuff right?? :eek:
Reply 7
the interview invite letter says that Catz is unable to provide overnight accomodation because the period of residence for undergraduate does not ends until 11 december..

I wonder if its possible to get accomodation after 11 december, as my interview is planned at Tuesday 13 december.
Reply 8
Im applying to catz and not for economics :eek:

Course: Maths
Received interivew? yes
When (Date-time): 6th at 0930 and 1015
With who: Dr David Pyle Pyle and Miss Irena Borzym

someone: how do you pronounce borzym?? is it bore-zim?? I dont want to sound like a complete muppet when I ask where I find her and they say who?
Woo go catz!
Reply 9
catz is mint for economics. one of your interviewers is my DoS
Maths on the 5th with Dr David Pyle at 2pm, with Miss Irena Borzym at 3:45pm

I was given a room for the night before the maths open day. it does state that it is to all but a handful. my reason for the open day was that i couldnt get a train early enough to arrive at cambridge at 9am. ooh, i wonder if i still have my lunch voucher they gave me. lol
Reply 11
homoterror
catz is mint for economics. one of your interviewers is my DoS

Last year I remember there being masses of Trinners on here for Econs, seems to be slightly thin on the ground this year...must be our hyper DoS :wink:
Reply 12
recurring
6 people on TSR applying to Catz for Economics!
... So the madness repeats...

*ahem* the application madness that is.
Reply 13
ive got my interview for 14th at st catz for... u guessed it, economics... lol
ive got 2 interviews, one at 2pm and one at 2:30pm
im scared... lol
ne1 got ne tips!?
Reply 14
loumatti
ive got my interview for 14th at st catz for... u guessed it, economics... lol
ive got 2 interviews, one at 2pm and one at 2:30pm
im scared... lol
ne1 got ne tips!?
"Hold up... hold on... don't be scared
You'll never change what's been and gone
May your smile... Shine on... Don't be scared
Your destiny may keep you warm."
Reply 15
*vomits*
Reply 16
drsmeeth
*vomits*
What?! "Don't be scared" is not the best advice you can give?
Reply 17
Not in my opinion no. But what that last post was really missing was an acoustic guitar and a hippy rendition of Kumbayah.
Reply 18
drsmeeth
Not in my opinion no. But what that last post was really missing was an acoustic guitar and a hippy rendition of Kumbayah.
Meh... still, I think don't be scared is good enough for anyone... or don't be nervous. same thing.

Interviewers are generally nice, so don't be scared if you see someone coming out of the room crying... :eek:
Reply 19
Camford
Meh... still, I think don't be scared is good enough for anyone... or don't be nervous. same thing.

Interviewers are generally nice, so don't be scared if you see someone coming out of the room crying... :eek:

it will probably be me cryin, lol...

Latest

Trending

Trending