The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Every time someone mentions emails I whip out Mozilla Thunderbird. That's like 23984759 times a day
Original post by fluteflute
Look what I just got from St John's :biggrin:
Not really sure why I bothered blurring my name/email but hey...

Haha, that's kinda obsolete since you wouldn't be able to reply to that e-mail if they had your address wrong.. Peculiar.. :rolleyes:
Original post by Ambs
Hi everyone :smile: I know you guys have been chatting in here for a while now, so I hope it's not too late to join in :awesome:

I'm applying for English at New College. I'm a reapplicant; I applied for English at Magdalen last year, didn't get in any of my top choices (partly because of a mistake on my UCAS form, partly because I suck), so decided to reapply.

If anyone has any questions about the interview process or the ELAT, I'm more than happy to help! Unless you want to know how to actually get in :colondollar:

What was your experience of Magdalen? :smile:

Original post by punctuation
Just got a conditional offer from Exeter... *strokes chin*

I don't know how I feel about this... My first offer, yay.

Well done!!! :biggrin:

Why did it not occur to me that Greg was short for Gregory? :facepalm:

'To test your address', wow they are serious :eek:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
Haha, that's kinda obsolete since you wouldn't be able to reply to that e-mail if they had your address wrong.. Peculiar.. :rolleyes:
Original post by cloudstr1f3r
'To test your address', wow they are serious :eek:
Yeah it was a bit random! But I like the idea of correspondence by email rather than always by post.

Original post by such_a_lady
Why did it not occur to me that Greg was short for Gregory? :facepalm:
Until I started secondary school, everyone called me Gregory :tongue:
Original post by aspiringtotheology
Hello, I am a fellow theologian :smile: I have applied to Oriel. I know I can't believe it either, I have logged into track far too many times already! Have you done your essays to send off yet? I am trying to do them at the moment but I'm not quite sure what to choose xx

yay another Oriel applicant!!

Original post by FuzzySheep
Just got the acknowledgement from Lincoln itself, I'm now under 'active consideration', gave me a heart attack!

Need to get started with written work soon...

woot, congrats!! is this email from Lincoln different with the email from Oxford?
Casually still in my pyjamas after getting up at twelve for the first time in years, watching "Merlin" and wrapping birthday presents :biggrin: Wish I didn't have work in an hour and a half though :frown:
Reply 7928
To all history prospective students. I found a wonderful site on every historiographical theme imaginable summarised succintly and well. I thought it might be a good idea instead of keeping it to myself, to let you all have a look at it http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28120070/pluralist/index.html go on 'learning', then go onto 'history'
Reply 7929
What was your experience of Magdalen? :smile:

Incredibly positive! The college is breathtaking (seriously, it's even more beautiful than the pictures!), but what made it even better were the people. I'm still friends with a few applicants I met and the current students were fantastic. They went out of their way to ensure everyone felt at home, and when something went wrong with my interviews timing-wise they sorted everything for me and made sure I wasn't disadvantaged in the least.

The only thing I didn't like was my room :tongue: It was very large, old and pretty, but there was this huge spider on the ceiling nobody could get rid off (it was too high up), and it was always cold in there. Apart from that, nothing but superlatives!

If you have any specific questions or want me to sing some more praises, just hit me up via PM! :tongue:
Reply 7930
Original post by AnimalSpirit
But she is only going to be there for one year, right? In that case, you wouldn't be attending college at the same time :smile:

Yeah, but the newspaper said she's starting now, so doesn't that mean she'll still be there for at least half of academic term?:frown: I really have no idea as to how the term system in UK works... :s-smilie:
Huh...but first of all I'll have to get in, innit? I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT MY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT MAIL YET!! I mean c'mmon, my application isn't that revolting..:tongue:
Reply 7931
Original post by coodooloo
that's really great! Because, I'm thinking of reapplying if I get rejected- somehow I wouldn't feel comfortable going to another university, as I really like Oxford.

Knowing how hard it is to get in I wouldn't have considered reapplying if I had received a decent offer last year, but as it is I thought I might just as well give it another shot.

But yes, if you ask for feedback it can definitely help you improve. I hope you won't have to though! :smile:
Reply 7932
I applied to Econ and Management at oxford for 2012. Now I believe I made a blunder writing the PS. I focused a lot on economics and very less on management. For the rest of the Uni's (UCL,Warwick,LSE,Durham) I chose economics alone ! Am I at a disadvantage because i concentrated more on economics in my PS ? Please help !
Reply 7933
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Ahem, anyway, well done again to everyone who has received an offer!
Not that this is making me want to cry or anything...

I love how identical our responses were. We should be friends! :wink:
Reply 7934
Original post by pai2502
Well, I guess the news that E Watson is studying at Oxford has become quite old by now, but I still can't help thinking how awsome it would be to be studying at the same college as her coz my choice is Worcester too!!:biggrin:
Oh god, puhleez make them select me...:tongue:

A friend of mine was telling me how he almost tried stalking her...
Yeah it was a bit random! But I like the idea of correspondence by email rather than always by post.

Until I started secondary school, everyone called me Gregory :tongue:

I'm not trying to be offensive, but Gregory is one of those names which you see on TV a lot... like those primary school TV shows, Kevin and Gregory are both popular...

Cause the teacher goes... Keeeeeevinnnnnnnnnnnnn, Greeeeeegooooooorrrrrrrrry. Okay, I'm being very random, I'm sorry.
Reply 7936
I applied to Econ and Management at oxford for 2012. Now I believe I made a blunder writing the PS. I focused a lot on economics and very less on management. For the rest of the Uni's (UCL,Warwick,LSE,Durham) I chose economics alone ! Am I at a disadvantage because i concentrated more on economics in my PS ? Please help !!!
Original post by Saab
I applied to Econ and Management at oxford for 2012. Now I believe I made a blunder writing the PS. I focused a lot on economics and very less on management. For the rest of the Uni's (UCL,Warwick,LSE,Durham) I chose economics alone ! Am I at a disadvantage because i concentrated more on economics in my PS ? Please help !!!

Not at all, don't worry :smile:

GREG I GOT THAT TOO! :biggrin:

I was so excited I nearly fell over when I saw I received an email (I was walking and checking my phone)
Reply 7939
OMG I just received another email from Oxford...thought I was going to die, but turns out all they wanted to let me know is one very small and unimportant issue:
"Dear Mr. Akale

I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s has been received by the College and is now under active consideration. This message is not an invitation for interview. You are registered as wishing to read Law (Jurisprudence) beginning in October 2012"

As I already have my "acknowledgement" email seeing this in my inbox scared the life out of me and upon reading, "I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s..." I can tell you all right now that I nearly started to convulse...

Dear me, this year's TRACK cycle is going to kill me! :')

Oh and btw, why does it seem as though nobody else is applying to St Annes college?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending