The Student Room Group

Re-sit policies

I'm in my last term of my third year of my current degree at the moment, but I plan on applying for graduate entry and standard 5 year entry medicine this year for 2012 entry. My primary choices are Sheffield and Newcastle...but I'm a bit confused about the re-sit policies for a-levels. (I'm doing a-level chemistry alongside my degree which I will have completed before application deadline).

I got an A for AS chemistry but I had a long-term severe infection last year that can be quantified with notes from doctors and my university tutor. This severely affected both my uni work and the january A2 exam - in which I got a U!!! (I'd been in bed all over xmas and new year and was extremely unwell - I shouldnt really have sat the exam). Anyway I'm resitting it in June alongside the second A2 exam - I've made a full recovery now and my work is back on track. I should get if not a 1st then at least a 2.1 for my uni classification.

So...Sheffield say they no longer accept A2 resits. Firstly, does this apply to graduates - as they specify BBB grades for graduates. Secondly, do they mean A2 exams have to be completed in one sitting, or you can resit them as long as it's within the two year time frame?

Thanks in advance if someone can clear this up for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending