The Student Room Group

Missed A level mock

I missed a year 12 mock of mine because I was really ill and couldn't go in. I had a doctor's appointment the next day and asked for a sick note but was told that they only gave those out for employees and that an appointment card should be enough. I emailed my lead tutor a few days ago but haven't got a response yet. I'm scared that I'll be told to drop the subject as I don't think they let you give re-sits (but I'm not entirely sure). I really want to continue the subject onto year 13 but I'm scared I might not be able to because of this. When deciding if you can continue a subject onto second year, I believe they look at end of topic tests as well, but mine haven't been great for that subject (as it's psychology and lots of people throughout the year got Ds in the topic tests). Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
They probably will just reschedule it. I’m in y12 as well and something similiar happened to me as well. I didn’t have to “re-sit” as I didn’t fail, i only wasn’t in for the exam so they just rescheduled it. No one on TSR can give you good advice on this situation because we don’t know your schools policies. Each school is different. You just have to wait and see. Worse case scenario go and speak with your lead tutor and cry maybe he/she will feel sympathy for you. Just try not to stress and go talk to your lead tutor face to face.
(edited 11 months ago)
Yeah, in all honesty I can't see any scenario in which you're kicked out for missing a mock. As long as you're normally a good student and not constantly missing lessons I can't see an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest