The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
malledo
I have £3000 to spend on a car. What do people think i should get.

Cars within reason that is!!!!

A KA, i love them cars!
Reply 2
malledo

save up more n get a subaru they r well cool n go propa fast or ya cud jus get a nova hehe
Reply 3
malledo

Okay a few questions...is this inc insurance, how old are ya and have you eva had a car or been in a crash where you were driving???
Reply 4
chatty gal
save up more n get a subaru they r well cool n go propa fast or ya cud jus get a nova hehe

DAMN....Subaru's are THE cars today...thats all we got in Peterhead....TUNED Subarus but different colours. My mate Millar has a 2L Subaru, stage 2 turbo, £3000 italian leather interior and he just spent £2000 on a new suspension kit....Im gonna go steal his car now lol Mwahahahaha
Reply 5
The_Barman
DAMN....Subaru's are THE cars today...thats all we got in Peterhead....TUNED Subarus but different colours. My mate Millar has a 2L Subaru, stage 2 turbo, £3000 italian leather interior and he just spent £2000 on a new suspension kit....Im gonna go steal his car now lol Mwahahahaha

ya m8 iz propa lucky, i want one a blue one with gold wheel trims or a pink n silver my dream car
Reply 6
get a robin reliant
Reply 7
chatty gal
ya m8 iz propa lucky, i want one a blue one with gold wheel trims or a pink n silver my dream car

Nah i saw something completely off the hook when i was out cruising on Friday in Aberdeen. It looked like the body off an old skyline, but it was a cross between an EVO and a Scooby and something else. Pure black, no badges, BIG spoiler, dump valve, induction kit for sure and an engine that sounded like a Mclaren lol. Lol me and my mate tried to race it up Union Street(main road in Abdn) in a tuned cavi 2l Sri and lol surprize it ate bthe road up and flew away....Literally!!
Reply 8
The_Barman
Okay a few questions...is this inc insurance, how old are ya and have you eva had a car or been in a crash where you were driving???

not icluding insurance
Im 18
not had a crash etc
Reply 9
The_Barman
Nah i saw something completely off the hook when i was out cruising on Friday in Aberdeen. It looked like the body off an old skyline, but it was a cross between an EVO and a Scooby and something else. Pure black, no badges, BIG spoiler, dump valve, induction kit for sure and an engine that sounded like a Mclaren lol. Lol me and my mate tried to race it up Union Street(main road in Abdn) in a tuned cavi 2l Sri and lol surprize it ate bthe road up and flew away....Literally!!

i was tryin 2 get my x-bf 2 buy 1 he can afford it but he wnt :frown:
Reply 10
chatty gal
i was tryin 2 get my x-bf 2 buy 1 he can afford it but he wnt :frown:

Then get him told lol. Just tell him he's gettin sex ban for a few weeks....guarenteed he will turn up with a brand new scooby lol. Good Luck!!
Reply 11
malledo
not icluding insurance
Im 18
not had a crash etc

Hmm...depends on your style but i would either invest in a clio 1.6 and tune it to the max or maybe a cavi 2L (Thats what me and my mate have as a project) and max it. If i knew what kinda style you like i could help more. What were ya considering??

Ps. Has anyone got thunderNlightning. Im facing outside and its a blizzard with thunder and lightning....theres kids outside on snowboards...Im gonna go have a go lol
Reply 12
The_Barman
Then get him told lol. Just tell him he's gettin sex ban for a few weeks....guarenteed he will turn up with a brand new scooby lol. Good Luck!!

Dat sounds like a gd idea, it's bound to work cheerz
Reply 13
chatty gal
Dat sounds like a gd idea, it's bound to work cheerz

No Problem...hope you get what you want!!
Reply 14
The_Barman
and an engine that sounded like a Mclaren

How many McLarens have you heard? I'm yet to encounter the 2.0 boxer that can sound anywhere near as good as a V12!

Don't buy a Subaru; the insurance is ridiculous because they've unfortunately fallen into the hands of a lot of... well, less than good drivers who are happy to pop ridiculous bodykits on them then smash them into trees while assuming AWD makes them spectacular drivers.

And don't buy a cheap Corsa, Nova, Clio or whatever then "max" it. You can't polish shit; either buy a proper sports car if that's what you want, or buy a little shopping trolley and put up with it for a few years before getting a decent car.

If you try to modify a little shopping car, you'll end up with a car worth less than it was initially, and you'll also have spent a lot more that could be going towards a proper car.

Get something cheap and simple. Get your own insurance policy and build up NCB. In 3-4 years buy something that's rear wheel drive and learn how to drive properly. Read Evo rather than Max Power!
Reply 15
The_Barman
No Problem...hope you get what you want!!

eh up how Scotland...I used to live in Peterhead although born in Aberdeen....drenched in snow at the mo?
Reply 16
malledo

Perhaps a polo a few years old although I am not sure about the insurance catergory...plus VWs are known for holding their value....
Go for something small like a Renault Clio, Ford Fiesta etc (possibly a Toyota Yaris- might be pushing it for £3k though). Generally, the smaller the engine the better- the most you'll be able to insure will be a 1.6 if you really want to pay, realistically you want a 1.3 max though.

Whatever happens, don't modify it. Doing so will send your insurance premium through the roof- failing to notify your insurance company will invalidate your insurance, so there's really no point. Even a standard renault clio will cost the best part of £1k to insure though.

As for subaru impreza WRXs- you're joking, right? No insurance company will touch you with a barge pole. The same goes for 2l 'tuned' cavaliers etc. If you want a bigger car look at something like a diesel ford mondeo, as that's all you'll be able to insure.

Best bet will be to buy a crappy old fiesta for around £1500 and save the rest towards getting a good car (something slightly better, still not Evo/Scooby territory) later on.
Reply 18
get a Land Rover, and have 4x4 fun!
Reply 19
malledo

Clio
Fiesta
Corsa
All the nice cars with a small engine, because you'll save money on your insurance!

PS Your so lucky to have £3000 to spend on your first car, I've got less than a grand and if it were me I would be get a zupped up car or a subru (saw a goregous one this morning)!

Luv

Latest

Trending

Trending