The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Scattereddreams
You have to find the average activation energy :smile:

just search or calculate?
I've been stuck on Rg for over an hour now. Whatever the answer is, does anybody know if it has anything to do with combustion equillibrium? I just can't seem to find whatever those percentages mean. All I can think of is that it has to do with the combustion products, as oxygen, helium, and neon can't combust so they're 0%.
Original post by Randophera
I've been stuck on Rg for over an hour now. Whatever the answer is, does anybody know if it has anything to do with combustion equillibrium? I just can't seem to find whatever those percentages mean. All I can think of is that it has to do with the combustion products, as oxygen, helium, and neon can't combust so they're 0%.

Same conclusion here. Haven't got the answer :frown:
Original post by lpdsr
just search or calculate?

Calculate
Original post by jbc123
Ether

Who is the person in the background?
I don't understand this!!! How do you do it?????:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
i have been stuck on silver since a really looooong time now!!! anybody please helllppp!!!
Just finished, Rg was easier than I thought it would be, started looking at all sorts until I realised what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
i have been stuck on silver since a really looooong time now!!! anybody please helllppp!!!

Hello?! can sum1 plsss helppp?????? i know it but i dont which is irritating!! can sumbdy drop some kinda hint?? plssss...... :frown::s-smilie::frown:
Hello?! can sum1 plsss helppp?????? i know it but i dont which is irritating!! can sumbdy drop some kinda hint?? plssss...... :frown::s-smilie::frown:

Each of the different shapes represent a different atoms and where two shapes touch, this represents a bond. Just draw them out with the atoms instead of the shapes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, for silver, have you worked out a general formula? The case then is to search for structural isomers of that.

Clue

For Rg, it's far simpler than it looks. I found the pattern by looking at the last two elements listed. Also, try entering 99.8. It's not much of a clue, but it may help.
Original post by Oromis263
Ok, for silver, have you worked out a general formula? The case then is to search for structural isomers of that.

Clue

For Rg, it's far simpler than it looks. I found the pattern by looking at the last two elements listed. Also, try entering 99.8. It's not much of a clue, but it may help.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

After staring at the Rg and googling to no avail for 16 hours, my brain finally clicked after seeing your post. I never thought it was that simple...you're really a genius btw....
Reply 1551
For anybody stuck on Gold:

Look up the Arrhenius plot.

All you need is the data given, the reaction itself is irrelevant.
Original post by Randophera
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

After staring at the Rg and googling to no avail for 16 hours, my brain finally clicked after seeing your post. I never thought it was that simple...you're really a genius btw....

:tongue: Yeah, it did have me staring for a while. I had the incomplete value, and the actual meaning of the values for ages, I was just being rather idiotic and kept failing to realise the actual formula I needed was staring me in the face, and I was just being completely blind to it... :tongue:
Reply 1553
Original post by Bello08
For anybody stuck on Gold:

Look up the Arrhenius plot.

All you need is the data given, the reaction itself is irrelevant.

how accurate do you have to be in gold?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ltigers
how accurate do you have to be in gold?

My answer was to 2 sig fig.
Reply 1555
My answer was to 2 sig fig.

thanks
I can't sort copper out...been fiddling around with electrode potentials

EDIT - never mind done it :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Who is the person in the background of silver? is it relevant?
I've figured out the general formula and have found some isomers but no right answer

Clue

Sorry for the late reply but thanks a lot!!!! :smile:
Original post by BibbyDuck
Each of the different shapes represent a different atoms and where two shapes touch, this represents a bond. Just draw them out with the atoms instead of the shapes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest