The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

I don't think anyone is being ultra hardcore. In regards to how helpful the programme is; I think that's a subjective matter.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Why is everyone being ultra hardcore about this programme? From the description, it doesn't seem as if it'll be terribly helpful. Sure, it'll give some insight into IB (though if you're overly keen, it'll be stuff that you already know) and you'll be able to put JPM on your CV, but it doesn't seem as if it will give anybody a massive advantage in future. :dontknow:

There you go.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Why is everyone being ultra hardcore about this programme? From the description, it doesn't seem as if it'll be terribly helpful. Sure, it'll give some insight into IB (though if you're overly keen, it'll be stuff that you already know) and you'll be able to put JPM on your CV, but it doesn't seem as if it will give anybody a massive advantage in future. :dontknow:

What would you expect from someone who has goldman sachs as their avatar before they've even started uni?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I don't think anyone is being ultra hardcore. In regards to how helpful the programme is; I think that's a subjective matter.

:hahaha:

Original post by Victor-PP
There you go.

Fair enough. I still don't think that it'll give anybody a huge advantage when applying for Spring Weeks/internships.

Original post by adam0311
What would you expect from someone who has goldman sachs as their avatar before they've even started uni?

Very, very good point.
If I was ultra hardcore I would have already applied. I wouldn't be toying with the idea six days before applications close. Use your head.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
If I was ultra hardcore I would have already applied. I wouldn't be toying with the idea six days before applications close. Use your head.

Tbh, I wasn't targeting you specifically so there's no need to get defensive.
Reply 106
Original post by sportycricketer
Have you mentioned in your CV where have you got the offer from? :wink: I was wondering to add that to but not sure cos we haven't actually got the grades for them yet??

I have indeed. However, I got an unconditional offer so I don't need to worry about meeting any requirements.
Original post by natashabedford
How smart is everyone here grades-wise?
Also...is a repeat in my CV a big deal? I, by accident, copied one line twice. I.E. I put a fact down twice :s-smilie:

???

Unless you're an academic genius and have amazing EC's then that's an automatic rejection.
Original post by therealOG
Unless you're an academic genius and have amazing EC's then that's an automatic rejection.

Might sound like a joke but that's what it probably is.
Reply 109
Does anyone know the contact number of the department in charge of the programme?
Not quite :biggrin:

Yeah it makes no sense :biggrin: But if your offer is from UCL I'm (hopefully) going there !
Reply 111
Is this for AS students as well?
Reply 112
Original post by heyguys
Is this for AS students as well?

Absolutely.
Reply 113
A quick question: is it me or does the website not show your CV page when you click on "View Application"? It's quite weird because all my other details save the CV (e.g CL, contact details) are all displayed on the page. I attached my CV as a PDF is that's relevant...

Anyway, how is everyone's grades/ECs looking? I would not be too surprised if this produces similar applicants:tongue:laces numbers as spring weeks.
Original post by twig
A quick question: is it me or does the website not show your CV page when you click on "View Application"? It's quite weird because all my other details save the CV (e.g CL, contact details) are all displayed on the page. I attached my CV as a PDF is that's relevant...

Anyway, how is everyone's grades/ECs looking? I would not be too surprised if this produces similar applicants:tongue:laces numbers as spring weeks.

I'm not putting down my academics and EC's until at least 5 other people have :tongue:

Your CV situation is fine - you can't see it because it's an uploaded document, not something you typed on the website.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 115
I'm not putting down my academics and EC's until at least 5 other people have :tongue:

Your CV situation is fine - you can't see it because it's an uploaded document, not something you typed on the website.

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding grades and ECs, I am unsure how my Grades/ECs will compare to all here, hence am reluctant to state anything. At least for the A2 students they could state their uni offers, where as for us first years we only have gcses, jan exams, and predictions to by...
Reply 116
Original post by twig
Thanks for the clarification. Regarding grades and ECs, I am unsure how my Grades/ECs will compare to all here, hence am reluctant to state anything. At least for the A2 students they could state their uni offers, where as for us first years we only have gcses, jan exams, and predictions to by...

No one on here is going to state their grades, but people do have amazing academics. Some people that have posted in the forum have got offers like Statistics from LSE, Economics and Geography at UCL. I'm sure a lot of the year 13's applying will be on similar courses in terms of prestige. It is quite hard for year 12's in that respect as there isn't much to go on. We'll just have to wait and see.
:smug:

I can see why people would not want to share EC's but Academics?

J.P Morgan decide not you guys, besides the criteria for this program is based on your school and location. Look up a Facebook event and the type of schools people in the past went to. Few people from 'Tiffin Girls' School'. 1. London School 2. Private.They might give 'outsiders' some places but they favour certain students, so do not feel worse than everyone else if you don't get a place. At university I'm guessing it becomes more what university you go to for the majority.
Original post by Black and Yellow
I can see why people would not want to share EC's but Academics?

J.P Morgan decide not you guys, besides the criteria for this program is based on your school and location. Look up a Facebook event and the type of schools people in the past went to. Few people from 'Tiffin Girls' School'. 1. London School 2. Private.They might give 'outsiders' some places but they favour certain students, so do not feel worse than everyone else if you don't get a place. At university I'm guessing it becomes more what university you go to for the majority.

I'm guessing that's the same with most IBs. :rolleyes:
I'm hoping they spare a few places, for the people without contacts..
That being said, I don't stand much of a chance if A2s from TSR have applied. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending