The Student Room Group

How to get a good grade in an essay

I'm in my first year and have constantly been getting 2:2's and a few 2:1's yeah I'm please with this but I'd like to have a consistent grade of a 2:1 next year as things started to get more difficult.

I was wanting to make a list/ a guide of tips and ways in which I could increase my grade and which I could refer to when writing an essay and it would be simple to follow.

So if anyone had anyone has any tips/ ways in which they go about writing there essays please share :biggrin:
Reply 1
There are some simple principles you can use to make an essay pretty good. For example, keeping all the sentences simple and trying not to make it sound complicated, making sure everything links up and is related, like a story and is sequential and trying if necessary, to incorporate empirical (work based on experiment) findings in your essay and keep to a common referencing system (e.g. Harvard). And finally, ask your tutors to suggest improvements or amendments to it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Make sure you adhere exactly to departmental guidelines pertaining to style, referencing and submission as people lose marks for this a lot and it is needless.

If you're doing an essay subject I can comment further....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending