The Student Room Group

AQA Alevel Biology 2023

do you guys have any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedApplicantttt
do you guys have any predictions?

Exams are going to be made more difficult so I'd say most people will leave them with Cs mostly.
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Exams are going to be made more difficult so I'd say most people will leave them with Cs mostly.

yeahh, that's so true. i heard last years was rlly difficult
yeahh, that's so true. i heard last years was rlly difficult

I was in last years exams, they were waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than I thought, if you study for 3-5 hours a day, 5 days a week then ur good

The proportion of expected grades won't allow that
Original post by Muttley79
The proportion of expected grades won't allow that

Can you elaborate?
Can you elaborate?

Why? Grades can't suddenly be all Cs - they will be similar to pre-pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2022/sep/29/a-levels-gcse-grades-england-2023-covid-pandemic-learning-loss-disadvantaged-students

I know grades can't be all Cs, that's why I said most
I know grades can't be all Cs, that's why I said most

Not even 'most' ...
I was in last years exams, they were waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than I thought, if you study for 3-5 hours a day, 5 days a week then ur good

glad you found it good. how did you revise for exams if you don't mind me asking?
(Original post by MedApplicantttt)glad you found it good. how did you revise for exams if you don't mind me asking?

3-5 hours a day for 5 days a week. 1hour study, 15-30 min break
when did you start revising?
3-5 hours a day for 5 days a week. 1hour study, 15-30 min break

When did you start revising exactly? like starting to do this
Original post by fdjhjdfsjfdj
When did you start revising exactly? like starting to do this

I started this method about 3 and a bit months into my study, it improved my grade prediction from C to B. It works for all subjects.
I started this method about 3 and a bit months into my study, it improved my grade prediction from C to B. It works for all subjects.

what did you end up getting? in the real thing. I am finished because I havent even started and a levels are in 3 months.
Original post by fdjhjdfsjfdj
what did you end up getting? in the real thing. I am finished because I havent even started and a levels are in 3 months.

I achieved an A, the key is sleep. If you can try get yourself into a sleep then you’ll have an easier time remembering things, don’t worry if you can’t achieve good sleep.
What are the topics the majority of us on here are struggling with? If we know each other's strengths and weaknesses, I reckon we can really benefit from this

For me, I'd say I'm weakest on Hardy Weinberg. I just don't seem to grasp the steps needed to get the right answer.
Paper 3 and the essay needs some work too
Original post by HashTag556
What are the topics the majority of us on here are struggling with? If we know each other's strengths and weaknesses, I reckon we can really benefit from this

For me, I'd say I'm weakest on Hardy Weinberg. I just don't seem to grasp the steps needed to get the right answer.
Paper 3 and the essay needs some work too

Respiration is my nemesis but also any kind of maths question, graphs are sometimes okay but still a bit meh for me
do you guys have any prediction for the essay question?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Frannyjen
do you guys have any prediction for the essay question?

I hope for something like "The importance of complementary shapes..." but that's quite similar to previous ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending