The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Unfortunatelly yes... but it only seems to be an issue with some websites.

Youtube is now working from time to time. And the videos are even loading pretty fast.

But googlemail is not working at all for example... and also other sites like the freewiretv.com where I wanted to download all the stuff for the tv...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by bryyonyy
Im in alders flat 12 and im also an undergrad :smile: have you posted this on one of the bgp facebook groups? cause i might have already added you haha :biggrin:

I think I may have met you :O, im in flat 6
Reply 182
Original post by Ste_2505
I think I may have met you :O, im in flat 6

haha, i just noticed this! have you? :redface:
Original post by Patruso
Anyone also having big problems with the internet at Broadgate Park?

It takes my laptop at least a minute to load a website and sometimes I get the runtime error... googlemail and facebook do not load at all.

At the reception they told me it is only like this when everybody tries to get in at the same time, like last night. But it is not better this morning.

Is there any solution? Or is the connection that bad at Broadgate (which would be really disappointing)?

Thanks so much for your replies and help!

http://comms.nottingham.ac.uk/sns/2011/10/03/an-update-on-intermittent-access-to-https/

I believe an update to try to fix this was made yesterday at BGP. Any change?
Reply 184
haha, i just noticed this! have you? :redface:

i think so, but i dunno how to describe myself haha
Reply 185
Original post by Ste_2505
i think so, but i dunno how to describe myself haha

Haha, well i'm blonde with glasses? :smile:
Reply 186
Haha, well i'm blonde with glasses? :smile:

Then yeah I think I have met you haha
Reply 187
Also has anyone else on here had trouble connecting to MMOs? Becasue I have been trying to and it just disconnects after login, any help would be appreciated
Reply 188
Which MMO? DDO works fine, as does WoW. Unless MMO doesn't mean the same thing to you and I am now a nerd.

I have it on good authority that if you have a game that doesn't "play", try disabling your proxy (essentially the opposite of what IS have been saying recently to get web browsing working). Your web browsing will suck beyond belief but the game might update.
Reply 189
Hi everyone, I've just been accepted as an exchange student to Nottingham for the upcoming Spring Semester :smile:and I've recently applied for accomodation, with Broadgate as my first choice. Just wondering how much you guys usually spend per week on food/groceries? I'm a bit worried about living costs since the pound is so expensive compared to the new zealand dollar!

And is it possible to rent/buy bedding stuff from the uni? I have a 20kg luggage limit so I won't be able to bring my pillows, duvet etc.

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by kiwi07
Hi everyone, I've just been accepted as an exchange student to Nottingham for the upcoming Spring Semester :smile:and I've recently applied for accomodation, with Broadgate as my first choice. Just wondering how much you guys usually spend per week on food/groceries? I'm a bit worried about living costs since the pound is so expensive compared to the new zealand dollar!

And is it possible to rent/buy bedding stuff from the uni? I have a 20kg luggage limit so I won't be able to bring my pillows, duvet etc.

Cheers! :smile:

Hi there, £20-£30 per week on food should be plenty & you can walk 10mins to Beeston shops (Tesco or Argos) & purchase duvet & pilows for about £20ish if that helps at all :smile:
Reply 191

Original post by KKK
Hi there, £20-£30 per week on food should be plenty & you can walk 10mins to Beeston shops (Tesco or Argos) & purchase duvet & pilows for about £20ish if that helps at all :smile:

Awesome thanks for the advice! Got an offer for Broadgate :smile: Hopefully I'll see some of you next semester!
Reply 192
Hi! I'm from Australia and I've just been accepted as an exchange student for next semester. There were only single rooms left in Broadgate and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the kitchens and bathrooms are like? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending