The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think so - I'm struggling to hold up 4 subjects because my IT is so much work. It would be good to keep the 4 gonig though if I could manage it. I will make my decision at the end of the year.
you definately should. universities rarely ask for 4 A2s and unless your wanting to do ICT at uni then the subjects you do will get you into any science course.

--------------

the workload also increases quite a lot at A2.
Reply 3
yeh i know what you mean.... thats what i was thinking to do aswell

but then i had a thought that most unis only in reality want 3 A-levels, and 1 AS....so is there a point is putting extra pressure by doing all 4 a A2?

I guess the extra qualification looks nice...i dunno will have to think about that after AS lol
Reply 4
I'm considering dropping Business Studies, as unis won't accept it with Economics as part of 3 A Levels. If I do decide to keep it, I will keep it with the other three, and do the A2 in BS purely for a business education.
I was going to do 4 (Eng, French, Spanish, History) as well as Critical Thinking and a GCSE but I decided to drop History because it really isn't worth it. It was hard for me because I really loved History, but in the end I considered it the least relevant (although it is very relevant) to the subject I want to do a degree in. I feel more relaxed as a result!
Reply 6
im droppin at least 1 (doing 5 As) though i have no idea which one can we wait for As results before choosin ?
Isn't that you do anyway ... most people that is? :confused:

Well ... not you geniuses on here with your 5/6/7 A Levels.
I'm doing 4 A2s (and a GCSE by distance learning) and it's pretty stressful with all the homework and coursework and exams. I have to say, I'm beginning to regret my decision not to drop one, but I've already applied to uni (and got 3 offers) and I have 3 exams for the subject I'd drop, which is history, in January, so I just have to stick it out. Universities don't ask for 4 A2s, so unless you love all your subject and you don't think carrying on with all 4 will affect your grades, drop one. It is quite nice to have a bit of flexibility though, knowing you can screw up one of your subjects and it won't matter because unis only ask for 3!
Reply 9
Candy_Shop
Isn't that you do anyway ... most people that is? :confused:

Well ... not you geniuses on here with your 5/6/7 A Levels.
just because some of us take more the 5 ASs doesnt mean where geniuses for some of us it means we like more than 4 subjects

a friend of mine who is taking 5 is droppin one and picking up chemistry AS next year
Reply 10
yeh guys i know what you mean....im thinking of keeping ICT now... but not sure...will prob wait till my AS results and then decide
Reply 11
Don't decide until AS results day -I was positive i was going to drop english lit at the end of AS coz i hated it, and thought it was too much work. I was expecting it to be my worst result. I didn't want to turn up to the lessons after the AS exams, but my head of sixth form made me. Thank God.

I ended up with an A, with 282/300, meaning i only have to get an E in my second year to still end up with a B overall.

You never know what's going to happen, so just carry on as if you're not dropping anything, then decide on results! :smile:
Reply 12
Melana
Don't decide until AS results day -I was positive i was going to drop english lit at the end of AS coz i hated it, and thought it was too much work. I was expecting it to be my worst result. I didn't want to turn up to the lessons after the AS exams, but my head of sixth form made me. Thank God.

I ended up with an A, with 282/300, meaning i only have to get an E in my second year to still end up with a B overall.

You never know what's going to happen, so just carry on as if you're not dropping anything, then decide on results! :smile:
thats what i was planning on doing cos at the moment im likin them all apart from maths
Melana

A similar thing happened to me. I was convinced I was going to drop English lit because it was my least favourite subject and I thought it was also my worst subject, but I ended up getting 237/300 in it compared to 220/300 in history. I didn't want to drop history, so I carried on with all 4 and now I'm really enjoying English lit. If I had to choose a subject to drop now, it would be history.
Sarzy
I'm considering dropping Business Studies, as unis won't accept it with Economics as part of 3 A Levels. If I do decide to keep it, I will keep it with the other three, and do the A2 in BS purely for a business education.

You're mistaken my friend, otherwise i wouldn't have got any offers.

Dropping subjects eh? I seriously wouldn't even think about it at the moment, just try your best in all of them.

With me, i first wanted to drop Economics because i was sooo bored of it. Later on it was Law, then English Lit. When exam-time came and i sat the Business paper i thought i would be dropping business because i thought i did really bad. In the end, my results were AAAC, it was pretty obvious which one i should drop, English Lit. The one i was most confident in. :redface: :mad:
Reply 15
I decided I'm dropping IT. Too much work, coursework stressful, and I hate the teacher.
Reply 16
I'll probably drop either physics or chem, not sure which yet though
Reply 17
I dropped french today so now im just doin english literature, english language, general studies and history (AS) it's a big relief amnd now i can concentrate on my subjects properly
reply if u want a chat !!!!!
Hannah xXx

Latest