The Student Room Group

fourth subject confusion

is taking psychology along with maths further maths and computer science a good idea?
It's a month into year 12 and I am now considering taking psychology because I want to learn about the psychopathology and mental disorder topics, is it a good idea for me to take psychology as a fourth subject if I am already doing maths, further maths and computing?
As long as you find your workload bearable, you don't want to overwork yourself. I'm not sure on the rules elsewhere, but I know in Wales you can drop a subject once you reach year 13 to focus more on 3, and keep the AS grade, but double check depending where you live.
Original post by stilesbiles
is taking psychology along with maths further maths and computer science a good idea?
It's a month into year 12 and I am now considering taking psychology because I want to learn about the psychopathology and mental disorder topics, is it a good idea for me to take psychology as a fourth subject if I am already doing maths, further maths and computing?

Do you have any thoughts about what you might want to apply for at university or do after your A levels? Some subjects and universities won't treat maths and FM as 2 full A levels so having a 4th subject would help keep those options open for you - but if your aiming at maths or CS degrees with no possibility of applying for anything else then adding on a 4th A level is a risk.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Do you have any thoughts about what you might want to apply for at university or do after your A levels? Some subjects and universities won't treat maths and FM as 2 full A levels so having a 4th subject would help keep those options open for you - but if your aiming at maths or CS degrees with no possibility of applying for anything else then adding on a 4th A level is a risk.

Im not sure but i feel like it may be too late to catch up , I could do a subject about psych in my epq but I'm starting to regret not being able to take psych and having the chance to drop it

Quick Reply

Latest