The Student Room Group

TSR LOST society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
strawberry_wise
Kate's horse - I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse said it was real when it appeared on the island. This, to my mind, makes very little sense!

And dead characters appearing on the Island makes more sense?
Dude

it fits with the time theory though, in some warped ****ed up way :s-smilie:
Dude

Nope, but they have said that some of those are just apparitions/the smoke monster whereas they said categorically that the horse was real.
Reply 2143
dh00001
it fits with the time theory though, in some warped ****ed up way :s-smilie:

Are you talking about the old theory that Adam and Eve are really the Losties from the future (well two of them anyway)?

strawberry_wise
Nope, but they have said that some of those are just apparitions/the smoke monster whereas they said categorically that the horse was real.

Well remember the whole Magic Box thing that Ben mentioned in the last series, that whenever somebody wants or needs something, the Island will bring it to them? Kate's horse saved her before she got it onto the Island, so maybe she subconsciously summoned it again to protect her.
Dude
Well remember the whole Magic Box thing that Ben mentioned in the last series, that whenever somebody wants or needs something, the Island will bring it to them? Kate's horse saved her before she got it onto the Island, so maybe she subconsciously summoned it again to protect her.

Aaah, nice theory. :yy:
Reply 2145
strawberry_wise
Aaah, nice theory. :yy:

As with many theories it might be totally right, totally wrong or somewhere in between.
strawberry_wise
Thoughts on Season 2 rewatch so far:

Ana Lucia surely a candidate for worst character ever. Is she meant to be quite so annoying?!

Locke and Eko scenes = viewing heaven 'Do not mistake coincidence for fate' *serious face*

Kate's horse - I read somewhere that Lindelof and Cuse said it was real when it appeared on the island. This, to my mind, makes very little sense!

yeah I rewatched season two post-xmas...it is much better than I remember it, I recall being quite gutted with it at points, compared to the first, and then third. Poor Ana Lucia! She's kick ass! I think my fave bit was when Locke has Sayid beating up Henry/Ben in the gun room, and Jack's holding him up against the wall as the timer ticks down...then OMG heirogliphics! Also, in the finale when the timer implodes!...Hmmm it would seem that my favourite season 2 character would in fact be the hatch then...:p:
No idea if anyone else has noticed this but did you notice that the oceanic six weren't around when the hatch imploded? Sayid and Sun were on the boat and Jack, Kate and Hurley were with The Others. Theorising a little is this why only they left/can leave?

Aaron would be a problem there, but my friend suggested if you take the whole 'Time' and 'Contant' thing into consideration you can say that's why Aaron can leave, because everyone else needs a constant from their pre-island lives, but Aaron doesn't because he was born on the island.

Kinda holey but still something to note.
UnaChance
No idea if anyone else has noticed this but did you notice that the oceanic six weren't around when the hatch imploded? Sayid and Sun were on the boat and Jack, Kate and Hurley were with The Others. Theorising a little is this why only they left/can leave?

Good theory, I would have never noticed that. But what about Aaron?
xx
pinksparkles2
Good theory, I would have never noticed that. But what about Aaron?
xx

UnaChance

Aaron would be a problem there, but my friend suggested if you take the whole 'Time' and 'Constant' thing into consideration you can say that's why Aaron can leave, because everyone else needs a constant from their pre-island lives, but Aaron doesn't because he was born on the island, therefore has no pre-island life.

Above.
Reply 2150
UnaChance

Aaron would be a problem there, but my friend suggested if you take the whole 'Time' and 'Contant' thing into consideration you can say that's why Aaron can leave, because everyone else needs a constant from their pre-island lives, but Aaron doesn't because he was born on the island.

The only problem with that theory is that why do they need a constant in the first place. They aren't travelling in time as they are living in the future at that moment, its not like with Desmond moving back and forth in time.
UnaChance
Above.

Ooh okay I get what you meant now! Im so confused about the whole constant thing!!
xx
Reply 2152
pinksparkles2
Ooh okay I get what you meant now! Im so confused about the whole constant thing!!
xx

Well if I understand it right, if you keep finding yourself in two different times (like Desmond from 1997 suddenly found himself in 2004), your brain will have trouble deciding which is the true timeline that you belong in. So you need something, or someone, that is avaiable in both times to help you get back into the right time, and this is the Constant.

That made more sense in my head, hope I didn't confuse you even more
Okay, so say the Oceanic 6 needed a constant.. they would need something from the island thats still with them? So Aaron could be Kates? Well.. they could all be each others.
xx
Reply 2154
...but they're not traveling in time, they're just leaving the island.
wiggles
...but they're not traveling in time, they're just leaving the island.

yeah, that's what I was thinking..... constants don't work like that, and even if they did, they couldn't use each other because a constant is something which is there in both situations, which isn't true with on/off the island, but IS true with different time periods.

sorry if this post made no sense, but I know what I mean :p:
Okay so I guess I still dont get it.
Time goes at a different speed on the island. So Desmonds time was getting all confused. He wasnt time travelling either.
So wouldnt the same thing happen to the Oceanic 6? Although I hope it doesnt because it will just be too confusing!
xx
pinksparkles2
Time goes at a different speed on the island. So Desmonds time was getting all confused. He wasnt time travelling either.
So wouldnt the same thing happen to the Oceanic 6? Although I hope it doesnt because it will just be too confusing!
xx

To be honest, I reeeally don't get it either :smile: but I didn't think the time difference between the island and the rest of the world/real life was that big - like Desmond was going back years... aaargh I don't know. Stupid confusing programme...

(I LOVE IT REALLY:p:)

basically Desmond was only effected by it because when he left the island Lapidus left at the wrong co ordiantes that Faraday gave him and combined with Desmonds high levels of exposure to electromagnestism the cross between the island and the boat had series effects on his consious.

I didn't think the time difference between the island and the rest of the world/real life was that big - like Desmond was going back years

The time difference between the isalnd and the real world isnt that big, its only cumulated to about 2 days (i think) but Desmond wasn't travelling in time and he was'nt going back in time (in his thoughts) his 1996 self was going forward in time and this is why he forgot who Syaid was.

I think thats right anyway.
the__billy
basically Desmond was only effected by it because when he left the island Lapidus left at the wrong co ordiantes that Faraday gave him and combined with Desmonds high levels of exposure to electromagnestism the cross between the island and the boat had series effects on his consious.

The time difference between the isalnd and the real world isnt that big, its only cumulated to about 2 days (i think) but Desmond wasn't travelling in time and he was'nt going back in time (in his thoughts) his 1996 self was going forward in time and this is why he forgot who Syaid was.

I think thats right anyway.

Aha, that's what I thought! Yay! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest