The Student Room Group

The "Oh **** I think I've failed this subject" thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nooriie
Last year, I ran out of time on my Biology paper. I missed out THREE pages from the back which was probably like 8-10 marks?

Cried after the exam. Even cried in August whilst opening my results cos I didn't wanna face I flopped. So in the end, I couldn't even open the envelope. I left it with my boyfriend and started running down the road crying 'I've failed!' looking like a complete idiot.

So my BF opened it. And shouted out, you got a D. So I cried.. and cried..

'Oh wait, i think I read it wrong, Oh my, You got a B in biology'.

'Oh'

You guys will do fine. Better than you think :smile:

Yay! I like that story. :biggrin: But your boyfriend's terrible for doing that, albeit not deliberately. I still haven't forgiven the SQA for not sending me my text last year. Apart from today, most stressful day of my life. Every time my phone went off (which was a lot cos everyone wanted to know what I got!) I absolutely **** myself. Not literally, but I was so jumpy, my family got really angry.
Original post by davidmarsh01
The course isn't that bad, but the exam this year was one of the hardest in a while.

Our paper was positively medieval. I swear, ten mark questions?! It's not the 1980's anymore! I think they massively tried to overcompensate for all this grade inflation crap. And so I discover how dim I really am after all.
Reply 62
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Our paper was positively medieval. I swear, ten mark questions?! It's not the 1980's anymore! I think they massively tried to overcompensate for all this grade inflation crap. And so I discover how dim I really am after all.

You'll have to get used to them for advanced higher :awesome:
Reply 63
Original post by NaturalDisaster
EDIT: To point out to all the people posting about A-levels and GCSE's, this is Scotquals and you will in all likelihood get raped by some of the people on here. But if that doesn't bother you, welcome! :biggrin:

How could you not see that coming? :frown:
Original post by ENNGUF
How could you not see that coming? :frown:

I forgot. :lol: And then all the GCSE kids started posting. Hmm. There's a point. Where are the Standard Grade children?! They should be on TSR also!!
Original post by davidmarsh01
You'll have to get used to them for advanced higher :awesome:

Hmmm. Right then. Coat on, out the door, down the street, wait for car and jump in front. Evening plan sorted.
Reply 66
Original post by peachesandcream77
Definitely all of them.
I know I still have some yet to come but I only have about one day to actually start revision.
I know it's all my own fault thats kind of the worst thing no one else to blame.. Eh it was inevitable.

Just going to have to retake all my AS in A2.

lol is this a joke or something?
English Language, Music, French- oh wait! That's all the exams vie done!
Original post by shakel
m1 was a shocker for me !!!! omdz !! did any 1 else find it dat hard!!!!!!!!!!

It was not hard to me but I had my 3B biology yesterday and my AS sociology today I focused more on these and I didn't really study for M1. In the same time the exam was NOT easy no it was not it was medium some questions were hard other are easy to get. But anyway I screwed up and this is the only thing that actually counts, so don't worry you are not alone :colondollar:
Reply 69
I'm just going to have to disown this thread now.
Reply 70
No. Why?

This is a Scottish Qualifications thread. *sigh* Where's Alex Salmond when you need him
Definitely all of them.
I know I still have some yet to come but I only have about one day to actually start revision.
I know it's all my own fault thats kind of the worst thing no one else to blame.. Eh it was inevitable.

Just going to have to retake all my AS in A2.

Welcome to my life I am an A2 (Senior) student and I pretty much retook all my AS this year, a lot of the AS exams clashed with the A2's so I screwed up AGAIN. It's a curse once you get yourself in the resit society then you'll never be able to get out..hehe or at least tht's what happened with me,,,hope you'll do much better than I did, and believe the only way to achieve better marks is by STUDYING EARLY that means that you need to start from the summer.
anyway good luck AS students you still have a chance do not follow my example and TAKE IT :redface:
Original post by Apollo11
It was really silent and everyone was concentrating then we suddenly heard a crash. We all looked up....

....the invigilator had fallen off his chair!

I literlol'd when i read this!!

Oh and English people: GO AWAY!!! Make this thread in your own forum!!
Original post by Biology Freak
Welcome to my life I am an A2 (Senior) student blahblhalbhablablh

welcome to blogquals
OMG i CANT BELIEVE C1 AND M1
I MEAN C1 WAS WAY HARDER THAN NORMAL
AND M1 WAS ALRIGHT I GUESS
No. Why?

hey i did that last year and now im retaking everything and doing well
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I can give you some help if you want pal.

thanks but after a years worth of rubbishing teaching (i.e "carbon dioxide has a bond angle of 120"............................ no it doesn't its 180! i even saw it in the revision guide
don't think anyone can help me :s-smilie:
Reply 77
C1 was fine.

M1...man...

I've never felt more depressed. It went HORRIBLY. I'd be lucky to get 20/75, coming from someone who usually turns up 60's.
Reply 78
Original post by Perci
C1 was fine.

M1...man...

I've never felt more depressed. It went HORRIBLY. I'd be lucky to get 20/75, coming from someone who usually turns up 60's.

Did you do edexcel?
Original post by Perci

M1...man...

I'm sorry to hear that...I agree it was unpleasant, but I normally get 70/75 and I think I'm down to 60/75. Some nasty questions. I'm sure you wont get 20. But you never know with M1, the grade boundaries vary a lot, I've seen them as low as 49/75 for an A!
The best of luck to you, just don't let it get you down or hurt your confidence!
If you're going for an A overall, then your C1 should help anyways. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending