The Student Room Group

AQA B PSYB2 7th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MyselfEtAl
**** - I'd die if they did that one, but that's quite possible!
*mental note: need to revise that!*

same, I hope i doesn't ... anyway I'm probably going sleep for a bit now and will carry on at around 7.. good luck
Reply 41
Original post by kishan777
same, I hope i doesn't ... anyway I'm probably going sleep for a bit now and will carry on at around 7.. good luck

Thanks, you too. Night.
Discuss normative social influence and informational social influence as explanations of conformity. Refer to evidence in your answer.

This was the Jan 2011 question.

One thing though - noticed that you guys have not mentioned social facilitation. They could ask a 10 mark on that too! For example:

Discuss research into social facilitation. Refer to empirical evidence in your answer. (10 marks)
Original post by MyselfEtAl
hell no, im doing ethical/methodological issues with milgram/asch. it's torrturreee.

I found that to be some of the easier stuff to learn, weird! If you want to discuss it over PM feel free. :smile:

I don't know what was on the 2010 June paper (going to do that later today) but I'm sort of expecting to get something on Social Facilitation, as that hasn't seemed to come up for a while. Which sucks, because that's the area of Social Influence I know the least well.

Possibly comparing two theories of forgetting for the Cognitive section, and hopefully something on phobias for the anxiety disorders section.
I have IT on the same day, and i'm carrying on with that into A2 but I'm dropping Psychology, so most of my effort is going into IT. Trying to get as much UCAS from this exam, I failed PSYB1 as well..
Original post by niallicious
I have IT on the same day, and i'm carrying on with that into A2 but I'm dropping Psychology, so most of my effort is going into IT. Trying to get as much UCAS from this exam, I failed PSYB1 as well..

That sucks. Good luck anyway, you might surprise yourself. I sort of know how you feel because I've just had Physics, so exams two days running.
Original post by AlesanaWill
That sucks. Good luck anyway, you might surprise yourself. I sort of know how you feel because I've just had Physics, so exams two days running.

Thanks, and I hope I do surprise myself haha. But going into A2 with 4 subjects would be way too much for me anyway. Gonna have to cram later on after my IT revision and in the hour and a half gap between my IT and Psych exams :P
Reply 47
MY LAST EXAM !!! Woohoo! :biggrin:
Well GOOD LUCK to everyone doing the exam .. if you need any help let me know & il try! ..

Basically the way to get good grades .. is know how to expand on your evaluation & to break it down - go on http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/science/psychology_b_materials.php?id=03&prev=03
& look at past questions and mark schemes to see what you get marks for' .. Go through atleast 3 papers.. Questions are Bound to repeat...:smile:

Any ideas on 10markers...?
Reply 48
anyone have any predictions as to whats gonna come up?? :biggrin:
Original post by Sadii
MY LAST EXAM !!! Woohoo! :biggrin:
Well GOOD LUCK to everyone doing the exam .. if you need any help let me know & il try! ..

Basically the way to get good grades .. is know how to expand on your evaluation & to break it down - go on http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/science/psychology_b_materials.php?id=03&prev=03
& look at past questions and mark schemes to see what you get marks for' .. Go through atleast 3 papers.. Questions are Bound to repeat...:smile:

Any ideas on 10markers...?

It's also my last exam, good luck to you too! :smile:

As for the 10 markers, I'm reckoning Social Facilitation for the first one (which I won't be happy about). The second one (for Remembering and Forgetting) might be something to do with discussing a certain memory model. The third one (for Anxiety Disorders) could be to do with comparing two treatments. This is what I'm going on after looking at past exam papers. These things haven't come up recently (unless they came up in Jaunary 2011, I don't have that paper).
Reply 50
It's also my last exam, good luck to you too! :smile:

As for the 10 markers, I'm reckoning Social Facilitation for the first one (which I won't be happy about). The second one (for Remembering and Forgetting) might be something to do with discussing a certain memory model. The third one (for Anxiety Disorders) could be to do with comparing two treatments. This is what I'm going on after looking at past exam papers. These things haven't come up recently (unless they came up in Jaunary 2011, I don't have that paper).

had physics today totally Horid paper! :/ & nicely assumed - I did it in January and got a C .. But my teacher wants me to do it again! Yeah conformity came up so you could he right - memory they asked to explanations of forgetting which I messed up on so most likely a model! Revise them properly! & two treatments came up in January ... Could come again - but most likely a phobia/OCD will be discussed.!!

Good luck to you to .. Can chill once tomorrows over' :]
Original post by Sadii
had physics today totally Horid paper! :/ & nicely assumed - I did it in January and got a C .. But my teacher wants me to do it again! Yeah conformity came up so you could he right - memory they asked to explanations of forgetting which I messed up on so most likely a model! Revise them properly! & two treatments came up in January ... Could come again - but most likely a phobia/OCD will be discussed.!!

Good luck to you to .. Can chill once tomorrows over' :]

Damn... I was hoping for conformity (mind you, we could get obedience which would be great for me). I don't want a question on memory models. They bore me to death. Explanations of forgetting are much more interesting.

I'm hoping if not treatments it'll be phobias. As I'm someone who suffers from a phobia, it's right up my street. xD

And agree about the Physics, I did NOT enjoy that paper. :P
Reply 52

Damn... I was hoping for conformity (mind you, we could get obedience which would be great for me). I don't want a question on memory models. They bore me to death. Explanations of forgetting are much more interesting.

I'm hoping if not treatments it'll be phobias. As I'm someone who suffers from a phobia, it's right up my street. xD

And agree about the Physics, I did NOT enjoy that paper. :P

Haha I know what you mean - I prefer theories of forgetting but at that time was told about models so revised hard & then just panicked lol !!
Yeah phobias are alot more interestig and if it's OCD they may ask u two coz there's not many studies ..
Which exam board did u do for physics! I do OCR b - total nightmare!
Original post by Sadii
Haha I know what you mean - I prefer theories of forgetting but at that time was told about models so revised hard & then just panicked lol !!
Yeah phobias are alot more interestig and if it's OCD they may ask u two coz there's not many studies ..
Which exam board did u do for physics! I do OCR b - total nightmare!

Ah :P and I was on AQA A. Maybe there was a conspiracy to make all Physics papers difficult this year. xD
Reply 54

Ah :P and I was on AQA A. Maybe there was a conspiracy to make all Physics papers difficult this year. xD

Physics is the subject I'm hoping to drop this year anyway - just hope I scraped I grade! harder paper = lower grade boundary :smile:
Reply 55
could anyone help me on the explanations of phobias and OCD, im having trouble with them |:

thanks in advance (:
Original post by sandy21
could anyone help me on the explanations of phobias and OCD, im having trouble with them |:

thanks in advance (:

Hey there - what exactly are you having trouble with? Do you want to send me a personal message? I might be able to try and help, especially with phobias (first hand experience with them, aha).
Reply 57
Here's a list of what's come up the last few years incase it helps anybody for Autism, Memory and Forgetting and Social Influence

January 2011
- Normative + Informational influence (conformity)
- 2 explanations of forgetting
- 2 treatments of autism
June 2010
- 2 factors that affect conformity
- 2 explanations of forgetting
- 2 treatments of autism
January 2010
- Ethical & methodological issues in social support
- Multi-store model
- Executive functioning + central coherence defecit
June 2009
- Asch's research in to conformity
- Interference + retrieval failure
- Genetic explanation of autism
January 2009
- Milgram's research in to obedience
- Working memory model
- Behaviour modification
Reply 58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gg6Xd1teZ0

Will be listening to this annoying song on a loop tonight.
Reply 59
Original post by Spam666
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gg6Xd1teZ0

Will be listening to this annoying song on a loop tonight.

LMaO - wow...just wow...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending