The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MODULAR Higher 10th June 2011 Predictions

Hi, I was just wondering whether anyone could predict slightly what will be covered in the exam. I no this is difficult, if not impossible, but perhaps key topics that wern't covered in the non calc would be good place to start. I think, (after looking at the answers) that I got about half marks (around 50% correct) in the non calc so am looking to do a bit better in this one. :rolleyes:

Any advice and help much appreciated!

Regards,
Reply 1
Hey, My teacher told us to focus on such things like surds, Sine and Cosine Rules, Trigonometry, Circle theorums, trial and improvement and percentages. As these are the main things she can see that weren't covered in the non calculator paper.

And same for me, looking to do much better in this one to try and get A overall!
Reply 2
I need certainly to do better on this one, if I don't, I might fail my entire Maths GCSE :frown: Bit bad, cause I was on target for a B, and the Monday's exam was solid, causing me to lose marks.

I'd expect same as Stephanie said, Sine and Cosine Rules, Trigonometry, most definately Pythagoras, Ratio, Trial and Improvement, Circle Theorems, Upper/Lower Bounds, Congruency, Compound Interest, Trig Graphs. My teacher said that also Volume, Surface Area and Speed/Distance/Time might occur, but it might be like a part of a question sometimes.
Reply 3
Well, thank you very much for the advice etc.. I havnt really stopped revising since 9:40am this morning for this exam, hopefully its for all good cause. Lets pray that the exam tomorrow is easier than the one on Monday, that was hard.

Before I go (grabbing an early night), I would like to wish everyone luck for tomorrow and post back here after (the time limits up') and let us all know how everyone got on!

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending