The Student Room Group

Pschology or Sociology?

I have chosen my 3 subjects.. Biology, maths and economics..
I am finding it hard to choose my 4th subject,
Psychology (OCR) or sociology (AQA) .. which will fit in more etc?
thank you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
If ever caught in a situation like this... go for the one you can actually spell correctly.
Reply 2
:confused::confused:but i don't know what you are interested in or what you need ?
i like psychology a little ,but what about you !:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I really enjoyed psychology (though I didn't do it for A-level). Psychology is such a fascinating subject to me - watch a few of Yale's Introduction to Psychology series and see if it sparks your interest. This lecture series most likely covers many of the topics you will be studying (psychoanalysis, behaviourism, etc).

http://academicearth.org/lectures/bloom-intro-to-psychology
Reply 4
neither. Do chemistry.. you get to melt things!! :smile:
Reply 5
psychology! :smile: You can learn things that you can apply to life in general, like concepts of how your brain works, understand yourself better, and get the most out of life due to the understanding :smile: Oh, and, manipulate people of course! :P
Reply 6
Psychology fits well with Biology as the biological explanation is one that you have to do for almost anything. You might find that easier when you're studying more advanced Biology as well. Also, the stress topic is particularly biological as you need to know pathways involved, effects on the body etc. It was one of the hardest topics for me and I definitely think it'll come more naturally if you're doing Biology as well. There's also some Maths involved and you might find Research Methods easier in general when studying Maths anyway.
Reply 7
Psychology goes well with Bio though choosing Sociology would keep your options more open
Psychology is actaully quite scientific, more so than many people realise as it requires substantial knowledge in Biology and Statistics.
Reply 9
Psychology's great, it's easy. And you don't need to really know much at all from Biology or Statistics, especially if you're only going to do it as an AS, I've just finished AS and there's been very little biology and very little statistics (which is good for me seeing as I'm terrible at science and maths :tongue: and I'm predicted an A!)
Psychology appears to be more scientific so this may sway you one way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest