The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good
its 25mins

if the interview is at newcastle its 25 mins but if its at stockton its 45 mins
Reply 581
Original post by medschoolapplicant
i might take them just to be safe! last time i took all the documents and they only checked my passport!

yeah okay, so are you taking just your GCSE certificates or other ones for recognition and stuff?

its 25mins

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Erotas
yeah okay, so are you taking just your GCSE certificates or other ones for recognition and stuff?

no problem, hows your prep going? i feel like im getting snowed under with what i need to do :eek:
Reply 583
no problem, hows your prep going? i feel like im getting snowed under with what i need to do :eek:

It's not going toooo bad at the minute. Definitely know what you feel like! I've got all my examples for teamwork etc, but still need to get to grips with all the NHS stuff and ethical scenarios. And all my work experiences but hopefully that won't take too long.
I hate how it's such a short notice and Newcastle is my first choice!
How is your prep going?
Original post by Erotas
It's not going toooo bad at the minute. Definitely know what you feel like! I've got all my examples for teamwork etc, but still need to get to grips with all the NHS stuff and ethical scenarios. And all my work experiences but hopefully that won't take too long.
I hate how it's such a short notice and Newcastle is my first choice!
How is your prep going?

so so i guess, ive done almost "model answers" for the typical stuff like why newcastle, not nursing, why med and then like examples for teamwork etc.

need to go through my ps really and see where the might ask me qs and then onto ethics and nhs/reform jazz
Original post by Erotas
No it's not only graduates. I'm in year 13 and I have an interview on Wednesday.

Ok im in year 13 as well and have one on Friday
Anyone know if Newcastle ask any science questions in their interviews? Feel like my brain has melted since I finished college!
Reply 587
Does anyone know if people applying through the partners scheme are interviewed at a different time or whether their ranked in a different way or something? :smile:
Original post by Erotas

Original post by Erotas

i'm gonna only take exams not recognition ones although I suppose you could take all of them because then you have all bases covered in case they ask to see them?
Original post by Erotas
To everyone who has received a letter from Newcastle now, are you taking record of achievement certificates or not? It says they're not required but something about them benefiting your application.

By that do you mean like GCSE certificates? And in what way would that benefit your application?
Reply 590
Original post by medschoolapplicant
i'm gonna only take exams not recognition ones although I suppose you could take all of them because then you have all bases covered in case they ask to see them?

I've mentioned some awards so may take them along to be on the safe side.

Original post by telephone
By that do you mean like GCSE certificates? And in what way would that benefit your application?

No I meant like certificates for academic excellence and things. But I am taking GCSE certificates just in case they ask for them.
Original post by Erotas
I've mentioned some awards so may take them along to be on the safe side.

No I meant like certificates for academic excellence and things. But I am taking GCSE certificates just in case they ask for them.

What kind of certificates are those? Like olympiads?
Reply 592
What kind of certificates are those? Like olympiads?

Yeah they could be. Have you received an interview yet? Because if you have, then I know as much as you which is what it says on the letter.
Original post by Erotas
Yeah they could be. Have you received an interview yet? Because if you have, then I know as much as you which is what it says on the letter.

Doesn't it clearly say you don't need to take a record of achievement?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Erotas

No not yet, this is why I'm asking.
No not yet, this is why I'm asking.

Do you know if you receive them by post or email?
Original post by Notethis
Do you know if you receive them by post or email?

E-mail, then apparently post.
Reply 597
Original post by platty1907
Doesn't it clearly say you don't need to take a record of achievement?? :s-smilie:

I don't have the letter in front of me but it says something along the lines of they're not required. And it says that in bold.
Original post by platty1907
Anyone know if Newcastle ask any science questions in their interviews? Feel like my brain has melted since I finished college!

No, not that i've ever heard of. Why Newcastle, why medicine, why not nursing, how would you treat a drunken patient who was resisting, give an example of your empathy, give an example of your teamwork, what do you think NICE look into when assessing whether a treatment should be used in the NHS.

That was basically the entirety of my Newcastle interview. May have been a question in there about my hobbies as well, plus they asked me to tell them what my degree consisted of and why i got **** A levels.
Reply 599
UKCAT tweeted today
"24951 candidates took the test in 2011. The mean average (total) score was 2476."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending