The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Still nothing! Is it time to pester them over the phone yet? Seeing as they may not be open on a Saturday...
Original post by Seb
Still nothing! Is it time to pester them over the phone yet? Seeing as they may not be open on a Saturday...

decisions seem to have gone out between 5-6 this week so i would think you'll hear this evening!
Original post by _Jasmine
OKAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

So, I couldn't take the pain any longer so I called Glasgow.

The admissions lady told me: "Offers are still to be made: today and tomorrow."

What have I been saying?!? No more panicking, eh guys?

Did you get an offer then?
Reply 2463
Original post by atomos
decisions seem to have gone out between 5-6 this week so i would think you'll hear this evening!

But what if I don't get anything this evening? I won't be able to phone them and then they might be like "oops, sorry forgot you lulz, looks like we'll have to reject you hehe!"
Does anyone know who we should email for feedback?
Reply 2465
Just heard of someone from NI who got an offer! I'm sure there are plenty more out there
I just got an offer, A level student. So to everyone out there, check your email's between now and 6 o'clock. I couldn't believe it but offers are still being given out! Good luck!
Original post by atomos

Well done on your two offers! Which one are you picking :tongue:
Offer; Firming Newcastle I suspect, with Glasgow as insurance. Got 3/4. Liverpool rejection

Spoiler

Reply 2469
rejected :frown:
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
Got an offer yesterday! Still can't believe it, checking track every hour just to check that this is real! Haha

Same i just accepted it too as it was my only offer but i've been buzzing for a day!!
Reply 2471
so is that everyone head back now, good or bad? or will they actually be replying to people on the 31st despite being a saturday? :s-smilie:
Reply 2472
Original post by Joannasmum
Exactly my thoughts yesterday on seeing everyone Irish on TSR get rejected yesterday, and I heard of a few more outside TSR. It would be very disappointing if Glasgow were to discriminate against Irish students for that reason, but hopefully we will hear of some Irish people with offers from Glasgow so that we can put that one to bed. There are usually loads (in previous years).

Hope you have something else to fall back on, Claire.

im irish and got an offer there on wednesday but havnt heard of anyone else irish :/
Reply 2473
I haven't heard back yet =( is there anyone else who hasn't heard back?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CalumBlack
Well done on your two offers! Which one are you picking :tongue:

thanks, you too! our applications seem to look the exact same rejections and offers wise :tongue:

think i'm going to go for aberdeen :smile:
Original post by atomos
thanks, you too! our applications seem to look the exact same rejections and offers wise :tongue:

think i'm going to go for aberdeen :smile:

Haha yeah. I'm going to glasgow.

Anyway best of luck with your medical career!
Reply 2476
Still nothing =|
Reply 2477
Original post by MissyM25
Still nothing =|

really? so obviously they haven't replied to everyone by the 31st then? :s-smilie:
Reply 2478
Original post by George89
really? so obviously they haven't replied to everyone by the 31st then? :s-smilie:

Yup really. I thought they forgot about me lol
To any of the Glasgow first and second years on this thread, I know that the course is a PBL one, but just how many hours of lectures (because of course there are some), labs and so on are done in a week?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending