Scroll to see replies

Original post by cpdavis
Some person on the step results thread has really annoyed me

By saying...?
Original post by cpdavis

How so? :hugs:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Have you picked a uni yet? Are you going this year?

I'm going to give Cardiff a try :smile: I'm sure it will work out but if we get to christmas and i really haven't settled in, i'll probably go and stay with my relatives in Reading or Manchester and find a job until 2012 entry.

Going to resit the coursework and fire up another UCAS application next month so i've got that safety net incase things don't go to plan. I've emailed a few unis about their stance on resits for History/History & Politics applicants and most seem ok with it.

Unless of course my exam paper goes up. However since my original paper was 89% i highly doubt i'll gain another 5 UMS, but you never know..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis

Who and why? :jumphug:
Original post by sr90
Who and why? :jumphug:

Original post by AlexInWonderland
How so? :hugs:

By saying...?

There was some guy that exceeded his offer in Cambridge (he got an S1 in STEP) but had this massive moan that he deserved an S and wanted a remark. Considering that people missed their offers (and I tried to not take it personally) him emphasising that he deserves a remark. Now at the time when he was posting this, i quoted him to say that did he really have to keep emphasising on a remark(he was about 12 marks off the next grade and about 5 people at once Mark your paper at a time)

Some person then quoted me and went on about how we are a nation that don't celebrate achievement and tbh, the whole point this person made really has put me in a bad mood, hopefully the pub will change all of that :awesome:
Original post by cpdavis
There was some guy that exceeded his offer in Cambridge (he got an S1 in STEP) but had this massive moan that he deserved an S and wanted a remark. Considering that people missed their offers (and I tried to not take it personally) him emphasising that he deserves a remark. Now at the time when he was posting this, i quoted him to say that did he really have to keep emphasising on a remark(he was about 12 marks off the next grade and about 5 people at once Mark your paper at a time)

Some person then quoted me and went on about how we are a nation that don't celebrate achievement and tbh, the whole point this person made really has put me in a bad mood, hopefully the pub will change all of that :awesome:

Repped to make you feel better :jumphug:
Original post by cpdavis

I don't understand STEP, so I may be missing the point, if you meet your offer and get in, who gives a damn?

Haha, hope pub cheers you up, it's my destination for tonight as well :awesome:
Reply 947
Original post by Kidms001

How was lunch and shopping? :colone:
Original post by sr90
I'm going to give Cardiff a try :smile: I'm sure it will work out but if we get to christmas and i really haven't settled in, i'll probably go and stay with my relatives in Reading or Manchester and find a job until 2012 entry.

Going to resit the coursework and fire up another UCAS application next month so i've got that safety net incase things don't go to plan. I've emailed a few unis about their stance on resits for History/History & Politics applicants and most seem ok with it.

Unless of course my exam paper goes up. However since my original paper was 89% i highly doubt i'll gain another 5 UMS, but you never know..

Oh, ok, well I'm glad you've got a place and I hope it goes well :smile:
Oh, ok, well I'm glad you've got a place and I hope it goes well :smile:

Cheers. I'll keep you guys posted whether thats on here or on the Facebook group :awesome: (Yes, i will join eventually!)

I'm emailing History departments just about everywhere to find out their stance on resits as the only unis i consider off limits are the CLOUD ones (i'm sure people can figure out who i'm referring to :tongue:). So far i haven't had anyone saying it would be an issue.

I haven't got a bloody clue what position i'm going to be in in 4 months but whatever it is i'm sure it will work out. So theres reason to be happy :smile:

Reply 951
Ignore them Craig. Haters gonna hate :console: xx
Hey dudes, getting withdrawal symptoms from y'all :smile:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Ignore them Craig. Haters gonna hate :console: xx

I'm back from a 2 hour walk round some woods and then a mcdonalds :sogood:
Needless to say I'm knackered :yawn:
Afternoon guys!

Just spent 90 minutes shopping and I've (well, my mum) got a whole kitchen for £90! Two of everything from TK Maxx and Tesco Home Plus. So that's 2 mugs, 2 cups, 4 plates (large and small), 4 bowls (large and small), 2 knives, 2 forks, 2 spoons, can opener, scissors, 2 sharp knives, chopping board, 3 saucepans, frying pan, salt and pepper thingys, baking tray, baking dish (ceramic), roasting tin, 2 wooden spoons, 2 Tupperware tubs and a pop up colander :lol:

It's amazing there! 13p plates (that were paper thin so we didn't get them :lolwut:), 37p spoons, 68p for 4 beer glasses and the like :lol:

How is everyone?

Original post by dknt
How was lunch and shopping? :colone:

In response :colone:
Yooo
Reply 957
Afternoon guys!

Just spent 90 minutes shopping and I've (well, my mum) got a whole kitchen for £90! Two of everything from TK Maxx and Tesco Home Plus. So that's 2 mugs, 2 cups, 4 plates (large and small), 4 bowls (large and small), 2 knives, 2 forks, 2 spoons, can opener, scissors, 2 sharp knives, chopping board, 3 saucepans, frying pan, salt and pepper thingys, baking tray, baking dish (ceramic), roasting tin, 2 wooden spoons, 2 Tupperware tubs and a pop up colander :lol:

It's amazing there! 13p plates (that were paper thin so we didn't get them :lolwut:), 37p spoons, 68p for 4 beer glasses and the like :lol:

How is everyone?

In response :colone:

Expected use for the year: 2 mugs, 2 cups, 4 plates (large and small), 4 bowls (large and small), 2 knives, 2 forks, 2 spoons, can opener, scissors, 2 sharp knives, chopping board, 3 saucepans, frying pan, salt and pepper thingys, baking tray, baking dish (ceramic), roasting tin, 2 wooden spoons, 2 Tupperware tubs

Actual use for the year: 1 mug, 1 plate, 1 fork, 1 saucepan.

:tongue:
Original post by dknt
Expected use for the year: 2 mugs, 2 cups, 4 plates (large and small), 4 bowls (large and small), 2 knives, 2 forks, 2 spoons, can opener, scissors, 2 sharp knives, chopping board, 3 saucepans, frying pan, salt and pepper thingys, baking tray, baking dish (ceramic), roasting tin, 2 wooden spoons, 2 Tupperware tubs

Actual use for the year: 1 mug, 1 plate, 1 fork, 1 saucepan.

:tongue:

You can forget the mug, the plate and the saucepan too :tongue:
Made my Lloyds account today, changed my bank details on student finance, streamlined my apps on my iphone and am in the middle of throwing away all my A level stuff. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest