The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Has anyone not received an accommodation offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Okay I'm starting to get worried now lol. It's Monday and I still haven't received an offer, even though when I rang up on Thursday they told me I should get an offer by now...can't reach them on the telephone now and they haven't responded to any of the 3 emails I've sent them :/

Anyone else still in the dark?

Unfortunately, I am as well. I'm an unconditional postgrad. international student and I'm getting worried now. Everytime I call they say 1-2 weeks. For me, I would really like to have this settled seeing as I never lived in London before and it's a bit scary to think I'll be there in a few weeks and may not have an offer....
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by TheUsername42
And perhaps accomodation is being offered to those who live furthest from London first? (excluding internationals)

I doubt it - a lot of people who are far-flung have heard nothing.

I'm well worried :frown: I'm in an awkward situation with accommodation anyway (DSA is paying for me to have an en-suite room when I ordinarily couldn't afford one, so I need to sort all that with Student Finance!) so I need to get all that done, and urgh, really not a fan of all this :emo:
Reply 22
Don't panic about hearing nothing yet. I didn't get my offer of accommodation until the first week of september.

The residence office has had somebody go off sick past few weeks so there may be a bit of a delay...
Reply 23
Original post by UCL2011
Unfortunately, I am as well. I'm an unconditional postgrad. international student and I'm getting worried now. Everytime I call they say 1-2 weeks. For me, I would really like to have this settled seeing as I never lived in London before and it's a bit scary to think I'll be there in a few weeks and may not have an offer....

I'm still in the same boat. I'm a mature student and need 50 weeks a year accomodation so am assuming I will be placed with international students so perhaps that's why we've not heard?

Not inclined to phone given that people are saying it takes so many tries to get through. This in itself suggests a backlog.
Reply 24
Original post by LewisH
I'm still in the same boat. I'm a mature student and need 50 weeks a year accomodation so am assuming I will be placed with international students so perhaps that's why we've not heard?

Not inclined to phone given that people are saying it takes so many tries to get through. This in itself suggests a backlog.

That could possibly be the case. When I call I usually get through pretty easily, but I feel bad knowing how busy they are. I recently got this new student booklet in the mail from UCL which did say that you can receive your accommodation offer as late as September, which makes me feel a bit better. I'm just anxious and excited and want to see where I'll be living!
Reply 25
Original post by sundogs
Don't panic about hearing nothing yet. I didn't get my offer of accommodation until the first week of september.

The residence office has had somebody go off sick past few weeks so there may be a bit of a delay...

Thanks for the info., that makes me feel better! I guess I just can't wait to see where I'll be living!
Reply 26
Original post by UCL2011
Thanks for the info., that makes me feel better! I guess I just can't wait to see where I'll be living!

:smile: as long as you got your form in on time and you don't live in London then you're guaranteed a place to stay.
Reply 27
Original post by sundogs
:smile: as long as you got your form in on time and you don't live in London then you're guaranteed a place to stay.

Unfortunately, there were some issues with that, but I did get that settled, thankfully. I sent my application through the mail on June 4th (I didn't know I could go through email) and it had been over a month and I never heard anything back. Finally I called and I guess it had been lost in the mail and I sent it over through email with the proof of postage (after the deadline) and they said they would consider it as "on time" thank goodness. I have everything else all set, got my plane tickets and now I've started to pack but I can't wait to finally see where I'll be situated! (sorry for the long-winded response, I'm a bit bored at work :smile: ) Where did you stay last year?
Reply 28
Original post by UCL2011
Unfortunately, there were some issues with that, but I did get that settled, thankfully. I sent my application through the mail on June 4th (I didn't know I could go through email) and it had been over a month and I never heard anything back. Finally I called and I guess it had been lost in the mail and I sent it over through email with the proof of postage (after the deadline) and they said they would consider it as "on time" thank goodness. I have everything else all set, got my plane tickets and now I've started to pack but I can't wait to finally see where I'll be situated! (sorry for the long-winded response, I'm a bit bored at work :smile: ) Where did you stay last year?

I was at James Lighthill in Kings Cross (self catered ensuite). Can't believe they're charging 189 for it this year- we used to complain about it being 169...what's your first choice?
Reply 29
Original post by sundogs
I was at James Lighthill in Kings Cross (self catered ensuite). Can't believe they're charging 189 for it this year- we used to complain about it being 169...what's your first choice?

I actually really want to stay at James Lighthill or John Dodgson (I heard that may be all undergrad. though?) and have an ensuite room. Financially it's going to be quite difficult though.
Original post by sundogs

It says on the website that all 1st year undergrads are guaranteed accom. with no references to whether or not you already live in london?
Reply 31
Original post by TheUsername42
It says on the website that all 1st year undergrads are guaranteed accom. with no references to whether or not you already live in london?

There are some references actually:

All single first-year undergraduate students entering UCL for the first time and requiring accommodation are guaranteed a place provided that:

they apply for accommodation no later than 31 May of the year in which they intend to enter UCL, and
they have received and firmly accepted an offer of a place on a degree programme at UCL, conditional or unconditional, by 31 May of the year of entry, and
they have spent no previous period of time living in a residence associated with an institution of higher education located in the London area (i.e. within the M25 motorway).

but you're right nothing directly about living in London. You're less likely to get your first choice or to even get within your price range if you already live in london.
They'll put you some where but this somewhere may not necessarily suit you or your budget.
Reply 32
Original post by UCL2011

Original post by UCL2011
I actually really want to stay at James Lighthill or John Dodgson (I heard that may be all undergrad. though?) and have an ensuite room. Financially it's going to be quite difficult though.

which accommodation have you been offered? would you like to swap?
Reply 33
Original post by farishino
which accommodation have you been offered? would you like to swap?

Unfortunately, I haven't been offered anything yet...still waiting to hear back.
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I was just wondering because I haven't - on the UCL accommodation service website it says my application is pending. It seems like everyone else has received an offer and I'm getting kinda worried...It says all the sections are complete

Btw, I applied for self catering (single, ensuite as preferences) if that helps - maybe this has something to do with it?

Also, are we meant to have received a welcome pack by post?

Any accommodation yet?
Reply 35
I have my offer now and have accepted it and so forth. I am in Ann Stephenson/Neil Sharp in Camden. I am a mature student having requested 50 week per year halls so I think I pretty much got what I asked for :smile:
On the UCL accommodation website it says accommodation has been offered, however I haven't received an offer yet D:
Just completed the pre-enrolment 5 minutes ago, but no accommodation offer of yet. That said, it's not even 9:30 yet, so I'm not expecting an email this early in the day. Hopefully I'll have one by tonight, though. Starting to get a little anxious.
Reply 38
I'm an international postgrad student, as well, and have yet to hear anything about accommodation aside from an e-mail a while back saying that my application was received on time. I'm glad to see that there are others in the same boat, though.
Original post by illu45
I'm an international postgrad student, as well, and have yet to hear anything about accommodation aside from an e-mail a while back saying that my application was received on time. I'm glad to see that there are others in the same boat, though.

I'm in the same situation. Still haven't heard anything. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending