The Student Room Group

A2 help/tips please! :)

Ok so my AS results were BBD (can see in sig)
The main reason why I feel that i didn't achieve the grades that I'm capable of is just purely down to lack of revision! I find it really hard to motivate myself. (not really in lessons) but at home. When it gets towards exam time when I should be revising I find myself always putting revision off thinking ''oh i'll do it tomorrow'' then tomorrow comes and i say the same thing again. In the end, it's a week before the exam and i'm trying to cram as much in as possible. I really really need and want to achieve better grades at A2 and i'm hoping to get ABC (A in German, B in English Language, C in Economics) I only need to improve by 2 grades from AS but i know that it'll be hard work. I just need some tips so that I don't end up in the same position this year!!!

Appreciate all replies!! Help if you can please! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Next time you think "I'll work right after I do X" or "the day's nearly over anyway, I'll just work all day tomorrow instead", slap yourself on the face hard. Really hard.

Soon you will begin to associate procrastinating with pain and your eyes will start watering before you even choose an activity to aid in your procrastination.

"Procrastination is the thief of time"
Reply 2
Original post by Stanley90
Next time you think "I'll work right after I do X" or "the day's nearly over anyway, I'll just work all day tomorrow instead", slap yourself on the face hard. Really hard.

Soon you will begin to associate procrastinating with pain and your eyes will start watering before you even choose an activity to aid in your procrastination.

"Procrastination is the thief of time"

Haha, OK I will take your advice! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JakeE10
Ok so my AS results were BBD (can see in sig)
The main reason why I feel that i didn't achieve the grades that I'm capable of is just purely down to lack of revision! I find it really hard to motivate myself. (not really in lessons) but at home. When it gets towards exam time when I should be revising I find myself always putting revision off thinking ''oh i'll do it tomorrow'' then tomorrow comes and i say the same thing again. In the end, it's a week before the exam and i'm trying to cram as much in as possible. I really really need and want to achieve better grades at A2 and i'm hoping to get ABC (A in German, B in English Language, C in Economics) I only need to improve by 2 grades from AS but i know that it'll be hard work. I just need some tips so that I don't end up in the same position this year!!!

Appreciate all replies!! Help if you can please! :biggrin:

If you only did three subjects at AS you're going to find A2 even more difficult... You will really have to step up your game and get motivated.
Reply 4
Original post by RobertWhite
If you only did three subjects at AS you're going to find A2 even more difficult... You will really have to step up your game and get motivated.

I did 4! I did Maths too but kinda messed it up and got a D. I knew i wasn't carrying on with it at A2 so I just gave up with it! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by JakeE10
I did 4! I did Maths too but kinda messed it up and got a D. I knew i wasn't carrying on with it at A2 so I just gave up with it! :rolleyes:

Oh good. Just get motivated then! This is your future we're talking about, this one year of your life WILL influence the rest... prove to yourself you can do anything!

At AS I got similar results: ABBC. I stepped up my game as I realised I needed to work even harder (because I did work hard at AS coming up to the exams!) and eventually got A*A*A at A2. If I can do it, you can!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Oh good. Just get motivated then! This is your future we're talking about, this one year of your life WILL influence the rest... prove to yourself you can do anything!

At AS I got similar results: ABBC. I stepped up my game as I realised I needed to work even harder (because I did work hard at AS coming up to the exams!) and eventually got A*A*A at A2. If I can do it, you can!

Thanks! Well done, those grades are amazing!! You improved quite a lot then! What were your predicted? after getting ABBC? like at the start of A2 when applying for uni? :smile:
Reply 7
Keep on top of your work. It's easy to leave everything until late on (especially with revision) but then you can just become overwhelmed, so it's best to be constantly going over things you've done.
Reply 8
Original post by peachesandcream77
Wow, that is quite a turnaround - Congratulations. Did you retake any modules in Year 13?

Nope. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by JakeE10
Thanks! Well done, those grades are amazing!! You improved quite a lot then! What were your predicted? after getting ABBC? like at the start of A2 when applying for uni? :smile:

AAB. I knew I could do better though. :biggrin:
Reply 10
AAB. I knew I could do better though. :biggrin:

Cool. What subjects did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest