The Student Room Group

How to go from D to A in a levels

Today I got my as results and Im genuinely shocked because of the grades. I worked super hard to get an A in both chemistry and biology but couldnt even end up getting a C. Im devasted and I want to know if I should retake the exams or should I leave it be and work for A2. I also have phy and maths which I will attend in oct/nov session and After today’s results Im completely heart broken and I want to know whatever I can do to get A in phy and maths. Please help.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
hi, i can understand why you're upset and i'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed. but, please don't take it as a definite for what you'll get. i was in a similar position to you when i was at the end of year 12 and i got an e in biology. biology is really tricky to pick up marks for so it's understandably difficult to get high grades in! in my actual a levels i ended up getting a c because i spent a lot of time doing past papers and focusing on the topics i noticed i wasn't as strong in, and i learned how the mark scheme works. what i'm trying to say is absolutely let yourself feel upset, it's normal and healthy to feel this way, but i promise you that because you got these results now, it doesn't mean that's what you're going to get in the real exams. keep pushing on and i promise you that you'll see yourself improve.
Reply 2
I got C in bio , D in chem , E in economics in my real AS , today I ended with A* in Econ and AA in bio and chemistry . PM me and I can give you a few tips that would of helped at the start
Same, I did my biology, psychology and chemistry AS with grades DDE and i'm thinking whether I should continue or do BTEC instead since I don't want to do badly for A-levels.
Reply 4
Original post by examboard
I got C in bio , D in chem , E in economics in my real AS , today I ended with A* in Econ and AA in bio and chemistry . PM me and I can give you a few tips that would of helped at the start

i got 1 month till exams and i have D in Bio and D/C in Econ i need helpppp dk how to start revising

Quick Reply

Latest