The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
prettyinpunk
...all she does is moan and bitch about the other girls!!!...and Nicole; she really is a bit of a wimp, but she does take some good photos...still undecided about Bre after last week; Nik is the only not-annoying one that's left...

So true. Nik is my current fav.
Jayla desperately needs to grow up, and I think Nicole does too!
~Raven~
So true. Nik is my current fav.
Jayla desperately needs to grow up, and I think Nicole does too!

...Nik's photo was wicked tonight...Bre went up in my estimation after she apologized but Nik to win!!
Reply 182
Yaaay I got my wish buh-bye Jayla.
Nik's photo was great last night and although I do dislike Jayla I couldn't help but feel her photo had something to do with the fact the other 3 girls were stood above the other models with no one near them whereas Jayla was stuck between two of them.
Reply 183
Sorani
Yaaay I got my wish buh-bye Jayla.
Nik's photo was great last night and although I do dislike Jayla I couldn't help but feel her photo had something to do with the fact the other 3 girls were stood above the other models with no one near them whereas Jayla was stuck between two of them.

Its true - but Jayla's was still rubbish - she was very pale in comparison to the Asian models, she could have stood out if she'd wanted.
I had to look for her for ages it was really funny!

Can't believe Bre and Nicole made up - Bre sounded so fake when she 'apologised'. Don't believe a word of it.
Reply 184
Can't believe Bre and Nicole made up - Bre sounded so fake when she 'apologised'. Don't believe a word of it.

She just wanted her image to not be 'tarnished' anymore, although she prob should realise it will tarnish your image if you act like a great big b****
ARRRRRRRGH i really wish i hadn't read the spoilers. But anyway

Nik is my favourite at the moment, and then Nicole after her. I used to love Jayla, but they were being very selective of what they showed of her! Bre just moans. I now just like watching it for the shoots and stuff, because I've begun to realise that this show does not actually bring about America's Next Top Model!
Reply 186
~Raven~
Its true - but Jayla's was still rubbish - she was very pale in comparison to the Asian models, she could have stood out if she'd wanted.
I had to look for her for ages it was really funny!

This is true, she didn't stand out, but... that's understandable considering she was stood in the middle of a load of the extras, and the others seemed to get to be stood above the extras. That doesn't seem fair. I was glad she left, but I think you can hardly blame her for being more difficult to spot on her photo...
Reply 187
I love nic!! Think shes so gorgeous!..and naturally, unlike bre! Bre loses sight of her goal, and let's things like the redbull issue get in her way.

Anyway this is so irrelevant but I really want those personalised graffiti t-shirts they got!!! They look so cool!
Ludivine
This is true, she didn't stand out, but... that's understandable considering she was stood in the middle of a load of the extras, and the others seemed to get to be stood above the others. That doesn't seem fair. I was glad she left, but I think you can hardly blame her for being more difficult to spot on her photo...

...yeah but her facial expression was a bit strange too...like a deer in headlights...
Reply 189
prettyinpunk
...yeah but her facial expression was a bit strange too...like a deer in headlights...

not even that, just more like she wasn't even bothered. I reckon she could have stood out in that picture if she'd wanted to - Nik and Nicole could have done it from that position I reckon. not sure about Bre...
Reply 190
~Raven~
not even that, just more like she wasn't even bothered. I reckon she could have stood out in that picture if she'd wanted to - Nik and Nicole could have done it from that position I reckon. not sure about Bre...

Bre's photo was very disappointing actually, though I've never been much of a fan of her pictures.
Bre always looks quite old to me, she's pretty now, but nothing amazingly special, and i think they could fade within the next few years. She's not THAT different from other black models. Nik looks more unique. (and nicole isn't that original either)
Reply 192
Nik does have an interesting look and when you look at most models they tend to have a more different look as opposed to being the norm. I've heard people say how 'pretty blonde' girls tend to become models but I really don't think they can become top models just looking like that as Nigel said in one cycle pretty girls are common and a dime a dozen.
I also do dislike how Tyra bangs on about black models struggling (it also seems a bit funny that she'll go on and on about that but it'll be one of the other judges who points out that Asian models probably have it worse), although it was true in her day the number is very much increasing mainly due to the fact that tall, skinny girls can be picked up quite easily in Africa.
Yeah, when I look around at school the girls who stand out from the rest of the room with their looks are the true beauties. I know people who look like Nicole, but none of them are on Top Model. Hell, if i was a foot taller and had the amount of people working on MY appearance as she does, we'd look relatively similar :p:

Pretty is just the right hair and a cute smile, beauty is something indescribable, yet perfect.

I can understand that Tyra wants the black models to do well, but ANTM has never had an Asian winner, and I can only remember 2 asian contestants (there may well be more but I can only remember April and the girl who wanted to be ANTM so she could start marketing or something.)
Reply 194
(there may well be more but I can only remember April and the girl who wanted to be ANTM so she could start marketing or something.)

Julie.
And that I can think of there's probably 3 April (half-Japanese), Julie (Indian) and Sara (half-Iranian). And next cycle there's going to be Gina who I think is Chinese.

So that makes only 3 Asian models so far (to around 15 black models), there's also not many latina models either I've noticed - I can recall Diane, Magdalena and Lluvy as being latina but not that much more than that.
I would like to see more Asian and Latina models in the competition - someone did point out that one issue may be that East Asian women are typically shorter than other women but I can't think of an excuse for a lower number of Latinas particularly with the amount that actually live in America.
Reply 195
Next cycle? How do you know about that?
Reply 196
They put it up on the UPN website about a month before the cycle in the USA starts which is probably several months before it starts here.

I wouldn't go on it though if you don't like spoilers.
Reply 197
Sorani
They put it up on the UPN website about a month before the cycle in the USA starts which is probably several months before it starts here.

I wouldn't go on it though if you don't like spoilers.

Thanks. I've been on it and know who won the current series, I just didn't know the contestants for the next series were already announced.
Reply 198
Yeah they announce them quite a while in advance.

And what I meant by spoilers is that because the next cycle is already running in the USA they'll start cutting out the contestants on the UPN website to follow along with the cycle.
I think that this show is good, but top models aren't perfect people. they're all b****s anyway. bad mouthing someone to get to the top is not a good reflection on your personality and all that blah blah.

Latest