The Student Room Group

How much of the world have you seen?

2 countries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not nearly enough. I think I have been to around a dozen countries and every corner of this world is worth exploring. I hope I get to see as much as I can.
Just a very, very small part of it. Three countries, Germany, the Switzerland and Austria. Maybe I am going to one of the British countries in the next years.
Reply 3
@Avreil Do you mean a whole country or just a city/state?
Original post by Meheraj
@Avreil Do you mean a whole country or just a city/state?

A part of the country, so a city or state. A whole country to met with all the states and cities in is an impossible herculean task.
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
A part of the country, so a city or state. A whole country to met with all the states and cities in is an impossible herculean task.

Yeah, that makes sense. Haha.... I was thinking the same. That's why I raised the question because OP didn't specify anything.
Original post by Meheraj
Yeah, that makes sense. Haha.... I was thinking the same. That's why I raised the question because OP didn't specify anything.

See? when I have met a city or a state of it, I count the country to my done-list.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
See? when I have met a city or a state of it, I count the country to my done-list.

Okay, I get it.

My point of view is different from yours. For instance, if I visit a country, then I say I visited a country but not all the states or cities as I haven't travelled to all or it's not feasible. Whilst the question of the OP was this "How much of the world have you seen?" which I find a bit complicated to answer. So, you know what I mean.
Original post by Meheraj
Okay, I get it.

My point of view is different from yours. For instance, if I visit a country, then I say I visited a country but not all the states or cities as I haven't travelled to all or it's not feasible. Whilst the question of the OP was this "How much of the world have you seen?" which I find a bit complicated to answer. So, you know what I mean.

Generally, it is hard to see great parts of the world when people are counting all the exist places and regions on earth. A human life is not long enough to see them all!
Reply 9
Generally, it is hard to see great parts of the world when people are counting all the exist places and regions on earth. A human life is not long enough to see them all!

Agreed! 😁
A few places. Some places ive only stopped off at for the day though when ive been on cruises. Id love to see a lot more. South America is deffo on my list to visit.
31 countries.
Mostly Europe.
Original post by londonmyst
31 countries.
Mostly Europe.

Respect. I have my doubts that I ever get the same number like you. Also because, as there are just some countries I am really interest in.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
All of it

Spoiler

I have my doubts that I ever get the same number like you. Also because, as there are just some countries I am really interest in.

You'll probably be able to travel to plenty of countries and continents over the next 10-15 years. :smile:
Maybe start working or studying overseas.
Good luck!
4 -- The United States, Canada, Mexico, and Australia.
Reply 16
Have been to over 30 countries around the world
Original post by londonmyst
You'll probably be able to travel to plenty of countries and continents over the next 10-15 years. :smile:
Maybe start working or studying overseas.
Good luck!

Studying at the age of 38 is a bit too late and overseas not my business. I rather think about to work in the Switzerland instead.
I've been to:

France
England
Wales
Scotland
Jersey
Isle of Wight
Spain
Gran Canaria
Ibiza
Menorca
Majorca
Tenerife
Corfu
Turkey
Malta
Madeira
Gibraltar
Adorra
(edited 11 months ago)
I'm on 37 and planning south America this winter.

Quick Reply

Latest