Execution is imminent!!:Help save Troy Davies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Guess I'm too late. Any pics yet?
Original post by Lamps08
Guess I'm too late. Any pics yet?

Reply 42
Original post by The TSR Star.

I've seen enough, KILL him! (I was more interested in the 'after' shots actually :rolleyes:)

edit: My bad, I forgot about time diff. I'm hugely dissapointed with their choice of lethal injection, unless its to the eye-ball, mwahahahaha
(edited 12 years ago)
'Juror: “If I knew then, what I know now, Troy Davis would not be on death row.”'
Original post by Lamps08
I've seen enough, KILL him! (I was more interested in the 'after' shots actually :rolleyes:)

edit: My bad, I forgot about time diff. I'm hugely dissapointed with their choice of lethal injection, unless its to the eye-ball, mwahahahaha

I really don't understand what kind of people agree to death row but then again, that's a-whole-nother thread.

Would it even work? Surely the medication/solution needs to go into the vein.

Also, I think it's unlikely that they will release "after shots".
Reply 45
Original post by Maddog Jones
'Juror: “If I knew then, what I know now, Troy Davis would not be on death row.”'

People seem to believe that the law makes no mistakes, and that jurors must surely get it right... they can only pass a verdict on the information they are given, and at that time it was incorrect
Original post by JacobW
As horrible as his ordeal has been, and as awful is the idea that people should be executed due to miscarriage of justice, why should any of us presume to know better than a court of law?

Because there is zero evidence:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/21/troy-davis-10-reasons?newsfeed=true
Original post by The TSR Star.

Good-looking guy.
Original post by LowRider
Coming from their website describing the death penalty "It is the premeditated and cold-blooded killing of a human being by the state. This cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment is done in the name of justice.".

Amnesty international has an agenda to abolish the death penalty they can't exactly be trusted as a unbiased source.

They're only telling the truth.
Original post by MoanyLisa
Isn't the execution set for the 23rd?
Either way, this case makes me feel queasy. Apparently of the two witnesses who haven't recanted their statement, one claims to have not seen the killers face and only remembers them being left handed (Mr. Davis is right handed....) And the other is a man whose own relative has claimed admitted to being the killer and who's story is quite suspect.

It's set for around midnight UK time, tonight. :frown:

I also feel queasy.
Reply 50
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Good-looking guy.

lol i doubt thats the most of his concerns right now
Original post by TheEssence
lol i doubt thats the most of his concerns right now

I'm just saying! That's not the reason I want him to be saved though. The death penalty is just ... inhumane.
Reply 52
I'm just saying! That's not the reason I want him to be saved though. The death penalty is just ... inhumane.

that's not even the issue for me...if they are to execute a person, they must be 100% certain because if a miscarriage of justice has been carried out, there is no possibility of compensating the wrongly accused.... i mean everyone knows this is wrong yet its still going ahead....
Original post by MoanyLisa
:frown:
I can understand why the West Memphis 3 decided to take that guilty plea deal now. I'm sure Troy would happily accept that reprieve in his current circumstances.
A possible miscarriage of justice can happen to absolutely anyone at all, it's particularly bad, however, if one is to loose their life as well as their freedom in such circumstances. If he is killed, it can't be undone.

See, I don't think he would. I think he'd rather die protesting his innocence, than live being labelled as a murderer.

Assuming that he IS definitely innocent, then he is an incredibly courageous man.
(edited 12 years ago)
that's not even the issue for me...if they are to execute a person, they must be 100% certain because if a miscarriage of justice has been carried out, there is no possibility of compensating the wrongly accused.... i mean everyone knows this is wrong yet its still going ahead....

Yes, if they must. But for me, the death penalty, under any circumstances, is horrific. The idea of the state deciding whether someone lives or dies ... :erm:
Reply 55
Yes, if they must. But for me, the death penalty, under any circumstances, is horrific. The idea of the state deciding whether someone lives or dies ... :erm:

fair enough.... there are loads of paedos who have destroyed lives should be in hthis position
fair enough.... there are loads of paedos who have destroyed lives should be in hthis position

Perhaps if I was close to someone who had been raped/killed/abused or whatever then I'd feel differently, but while I'm thinking rationally I wouldn't call the death sentence justice. Everyone feels differently though.
This is so utterly wrong. This dampens my enthusiasm for the States.
I hate to say this but it looks like he's f***ed.

Unless they do something within the next 50 mins :s-smilie:
7 of 9 witnesses recant/change testimony combined with ZERO physical evidence.

Quite simply, There is too much doubt to kill the guy.

My opinion: The state of Georgia would rather kill a man than be proven to have made a mistake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending