The Student Room Group

Medicine Rejections Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Funky_Munky
your 5th choice could have been another medical school
a 'friendly' one to get in such as Leicester or Keele/Birmingham
at the mo, you should ask yourself whether a career in medicine is what you really want
if yes, then blow the panels seats off in the cambridge interview
it just takes that one offer...:cool:

do you know anything about the application process?

You can only have 4 medicine choices.

There is no 'friendly one to get in'. There is NO easy to get into medical school in the UK, Leicester for example is also highly competitive.
Original post by jasqur
st andrews - heard nothing
bristol - heard nothing
edinburgh - heard nothing
arghh ...i hate all this waiting!!!

Tell em about itt! Are you a first time applicant?
Reply 182
Original post by sheen-bean

Could be worse :L At least you have no rejection.
Aberdeen- Nothing
Edinburgh- Nothing
Dundee- Rejection
Glasgow- Interview :L
Reply 183
Lol rejected from UCL
Reply 184
Original post by Ganky
x

Sorry to hear that :console:
Original post by HeatherM
Could be worse :L At least you have no rejection.
Aberdeen- Nothing
Edinburgh- Nothing
Dundee- Rejection
Glasgow- Interview :L

oo i do have a rejection from KINGS dint put it down lol..i just put the ones im waiting on!
Reply 186

yeah i am! u?
Original post by jasqur
yeah i am! u?

Yehh but im a graduateee ...
Reply 188
This thread makes me sad :frown:. Too close to xmas for talking in here! :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by Doctor.
This thread makes me sad :frown:. Too close to xmas for talking in here! :smile:

I know....i've heard some unis send out rejection emails on christmas eve :frown:
Original post by jasqur
I know....i've heard some unis send out rejection emails on christmas eve :frown:

I think its just oxford that does that.
Reply 191
Original post by jasqur

That's so cruel :eek:
Reply 192
Original post by manupalace
I think its just oxford that does that.

It's because they are not as good as Cambridge....OHHHHHH University diss :cool: lol I'm joking
Original post by Doctor.
It's because they are not as good as Cambridge....OHHHHHH University diss :cool: lol I'm joking

Loll i dont know why but " ohh university diss" actually made me laugh out audibly loud! loll I cant believe they send out rejections on xmas even I wish i got an offer on xmas eve..best xmas pressie ever!!!!
Reply 194
Hey guys , I've got a rejection at Kings since a while ago , this is my second time applying and I just got that awful '' ucas track status notification '' email....
In my experience when a uni invites you to an interview or even gives you an offer they send you an email themselves???

and Sheffield rejected me at the same time last year ... Which would be a little harsh to reject me again at that same time D:

What dyou guys think?? have u ever gotten an offer just from ucas track in medicine???? cause im scared to look and see a rejection x(
Reply 195
Original post by everlot
Hey guys , I've got a rejection at Kings since a while ago , this is my second time applying and I just got that awful '' ucas track status notification '' email....
In my experience when a uni invites you to an interview or even gives you an offer they send you an email themselves???

and Sheffield rejected me at the same time last year ... Which would be a little harsh to reject me again at that same time D:

What dyou guys think?? have u ever gotten an offer just from ucas track in medicine???? cause im scared to look and see a rejection x(

Was that a statement or a question? :confused:

I've gotten 2 offers just from track for medicine. However, the university emailed me a month later with an official offer letter and asking if I was intending on making it a firm/insurance choice so that they could get a better number of the number of entrants.
Original post by everlot

King's usually update their own site first and then track a day later, so you should have got an email from them first saying KCL track was updated. And if you get an offer you get an offer pack in the post a week later. Either way, just check - it could be good news!
Reply 197
oh right , I have yet to look at it , cause its my second time applying I can't log into my track for some reason I have to call up the customer support ..

Does UCAS track tell you if you got an interview?? or does UCAS ONLY tell you wether you got an offer / rejected???

Thanks for taking the time to respond xx
Reply 198
Original post by everlot
oh right , I have yet to look at it , cause its my second time applying I can't log into my track for some reason I have to call up the customer support ..

Does UCAS track tell you if you got an interview?? or does UCAS ONLY tell you wether you got an offer / rejected???

Thanks for taking the time to respond xx

It can tell you but very few unis use it at the moment. I know glasgow uses track to notify you of interviews and to confirm attendance but I don't know any others who do.
Reply 199
So far
Leicester- rejection
Aberdeen - nothing
Leeds - nothing
I have biomed at both Durham & Hertfordshire as my backup.
I'm not very optimistic that I'll get in for medicine (despite the fact I'd absolutely LOVE to) so I'm hoping I'll get an offer at Durham too, not so keen on Hertfordshire.
I also hear Leeds send offers out on 31st March, but I don't know anything about Aberdeen? Has anyone heard anything from either yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending