The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
but what about this monumental accomplishment?
Reply 161
lol or that medical building they posted a couple of pages back. This thread is turning into "which uni has the ugliest buildings?" thread!
Yes. We all love the King's Strand facade. It looks like the grill of the intellectual Range Rover that is King's. It should have shredded bits of UCL stuck to it.

But then there's this.

And this.

And this.
OppressedMass
Yes. We all love the King's Strand facade.

:love:
Angelil
but what about this monumental accomplishment?

Looks like suicide plaza in flint LMAO (sorry, local joke)
Angelil
I thought we'd already established that Oxford and Cambridge were in a league of their own and that consequently we weren't counting them?

Well that's a bit silly - you should probably discount Durham then, since it's quite similar. And then begin a new thread entitled 'Most beautiful Universities excluding the most beautiful Universities'.
Reply 166
Hey, don't blame me, I didn't suggest it.
Benny885
Well that's a bit silly - you should probably discount Durham then, since it's quite similar. And then begin a new thread entitled 'Most beautiful Universities excluding the most beautiful Universities'.

I don't think Durham is anywhere close to Oxford, either as a city or as a university. In fact, the city isn't even as attractive as York to my taste...
PrinceOfCats
I don't think Durham is anywhere close to Oxford, either as a city or as a university. In fact, the city isn't even as attractive as York to my taste...

Seconded.
Oxford is a beauty though, i do have to say.
Whichever sad individual just gave me negative reputation has a serious inferiority complex. :toofunny: I only mention this to warn them that they should probably seek professional help...
OppressedMass
Yes. We all love the King's Strand facade. It looks like the grill of the intellectual Range Rover that is King's. It should have shredded bits of UCL stuck to it.

But then there's this.

And this.

And this.

I thought the idea at London uni's was that they spent all the money on the outside and none on the inside?

Apparently, so my friend that applied to King's (or maybe it was UCL) said, was that the inside was apparently so nice in places they coulden't actually afford the upkeep (apparently there was a massive staircase with all the carpet pulled up and all the paintings taken off the walls...just empty...hmm, maybe he was mistaken.)
(Owen)123
I thought the idea at London uni's was that they spent all the money on the outside and none on the inside?

King's looked pretty lush on the inside when I visited.
Reply 173
I wonder if any of the people saying Oxford is the most beautiful have ever actually been. When I visited I actually thought it was a bit of a dump, certainly when compared to Cambridge and Durham.
fieldsofanfield
I wonder if any of the people saying Oxford is the most beautiful have ever actually been. When I visited I actually thought it was a bit of a dump, certainly when compared to Cambridge and Durham.

oxford was a dump?!?! cor blimey - which part did you visit - cowely, headington, abbingdon? I have completely the opposite impression - never been to durham but i thought oxford was far nicer than cambridge. i was very dissapointed with cambridge. oxfords sprawling architecture is gorgeous, from the city centre outwards. fair enough, once you start hitting headington road shops or mid cowley it can be a scruffy, but that doesnt mean the area is bad. perhaps i need to go to cambridge again - only been once and may have missed too much.
Oxford... I wish i went there. I wish i was intelligent enough. Gr.
I was a tad worried in my room at Oxford. Centuries of stains on the walls, none of which I could guess.
Reply 177
Nottingham, nottingham, nottingham - the campus is gorgeous!
I personally was put off Oxford because I felt it was too spoilt and urbanised, the colleges aren't that pretty and to get to the nice park land/riverside you have to go a bit out. I can imagine it was once pretty, but it's just dominated by tatty shops and smoggy roads.
Reply 179
UEA... mmm shexy shexy concrete! :hubba:

Latest

Trending

Trending