Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any tips!
    i got a really bad headache and dont have soluble panadol so need to sallow these horrible things and ive tried twice and it doent work!
    help

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that you're still supposed to take them with water, right?

ReputationRep:
    Just put the pill towards the back of your tongue lean your head back and swallow some water... Works for me

ReputationRep:
    Put tablet in mouth, pick up glass of water, drink glass of water.

Tada! The tablet is swallowed

ReputationRep:
    I drink some water, then just pop it in me mouth and swallow. Or if I'm feeling hardcore without water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You do realise that you're still supposed to take them with water, right?
    not necessarily, my sister can do it without... the easier option is with water.
    still doesnt work!

ReputationRep:
    put the tablet between the teeth, then have a lot to drink, the water will force it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silversane)
    Just put the pill towards the back of your tongue lean your head back and swallow some water... Works for me
    (Original post by p00p-)
    Put tablet in mouth, pick up glass of water, drink glass of water.

Tada! The tablet is swallowed
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I drink some water, then just pop it in me mouth and swallow. Or if I'm feeling hardcore without water.
    it doesnt seem to work with me, the pill keeps coming forward and just wont let me swallow it!

--------------

(Original post by deej2)
    put the tablet between the teeth, then have a lot to drink, the water will force it down.
    what do u mean between the teeth?
    if i drink too much water i choke.... i jus did that to myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    quote=Fluent in Lies]I drink some water, then just pop it in me mouth and swallow. Or if I'm feeling hardcore without water.
    it doesnt seem to work with me, the pill keeps coming forward and just wont let me swallow it![/QUOTE]
    relax the tongue, the tongue will be stopping it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have you tried with milk?

I find I have to drop the tablet right down the back of my throat, sorta in the bit where there's a hollow behind your tongue. And then it's easy!

ReputationRep:
    Don't tilt your head back, forget the pill is there and just drink a glass of water like normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    what do u mean between the teeth?
    if i drink too much water i choke.... i jus did that to myself
    Put the tablet between the top and bottom set of your front teeth, gently grip it, then when you start to drink, drink slowly and release the tablet from your teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Have you tried with milk?

I find I have to drop the tablet right down the back of my throat, sorta in the bit where there's a hollow behind your tongue. And then it's easy!
    never tried milk, think it would make me sick. but we dont have milk.... orange juice?

--------------

(Original post by p00p-)
    Don't tilt your head back, forget the pill is there and just drink a glass of water like normal
    jus tried that didnt work!

--------------

(Original post by deej2)
    Put the tablet between the top and bottom set of your front teeth, gently grip it, then when you start to drink, drink slowly and release the tablet from your teeth.
    ooh i like that!
    ill try it in a bit, ive had too much water for now

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't swallow pills till I was 16 Turns out I was just gagging on the pills. You have to trick yourself into ignoring it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilb)
    I couldn't swallow pills till I was 16 Turns out I was just gagging on the pills. You have to trick yourself into ignoring it.
    i tried again it didnt work

nothing works!
    ive done it a few times before, but i dont usually take pills, any sort at all. only if i have to do i take them so maybe im jus nto used to taking them!

ReputationRep:
    Pretend that you're about to die in 5 seconds unless you swallow NOW! QUICK!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't take tablets either, and when I do, I normally end up chucking up. meh loadsa people can't take tablets, just suck it up and soldier on with a sore head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Pretend that you're about to die in 5 seconds unless you swallow NOW! QUICK!!!
    maybe another time!
    gona get my mate to run down to the shop and get me some soluble instead

--------------

(Original post by devilbunny)
    I can't take tablets either, and when I do, I normally end up chucking up. meh loadsa people can't take tablets, just suck it up and soldier on with a sore head
    i gotta revise.... got an exam monday, cant jus bear it, otherwise i would!

ReputationRep:
    COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.
    what would happen otherwise?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.