The Student Room Group

Failed my degree

Hi,

I recently just received my results and have discovered that I failed my degree in biomedical engineering. I was looking through my results and saw that it said I have not completed a resit, however I was not given this resit in the first place. Could someone please assist me in what to do as if I done this resit I would have been able to graduate my bachelors degree. It has been a very tough year for me as I lost a lot of close family members and mentally have been drained so I didn’t notice this as due to these extenuating circumstances I had to do all my modules in summer.

Could someone please advise me on what I could do as the deadline to appeal is on the 30th of October and none of the school faculty are replying.
Reply 1
Go and get some advice from your Students Union immediately
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I recently just received my results and have discovered that I failed my degree in biomedical engineering. I was looking through my results and saw that it said I have not completed a resit, however I was not given this resit in the first place. Could someone please assist me in what to do as if I done this resit I would have been able to graduate my bachelors degree. It has been a very tough year for me as I lost a lot of close family members and mentally have been drained so I didn’t notice this as due to these extenuating circumstances I had to do all my modules in summer.

Could someone please advise me on what I could do as the deadline to appeal is on the 30th of October and none of the school faculty are replying.

Anon,

So sorry that you have had such a tough year.

I know that not getting the results that you wanted was the last thing that you needed, but as you say, you did not know about missing a resit, so hopefully they will bear this in mind with your extenuating circumstances.

Do make sure that you access wellbeing and support services and do try to give yourself the time and space to rest when things calm down.

They may not be responding due to reading week, so don't let that discourage you, but do send emails/ your appeal in so that there is proof that you did that before the deadline.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

That sounds tough, you might want to chase them up, even if it annoys them, at the end of the day, they have to consider your mental well-being considering the extenuating circumstances you mentioned.

If nothing else works, you might want to ask to retake third year again if that is possible. I genuinely don't remember if that is a possibility.

Talk to student union, student support, academic advisor as soon as possible. If you have exhausted all options, it's a hard pill to swallow, but a degree does not define who you are and you matter more than your degree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending