The Student Room Group

should i tell my new boyfriend im going on the pill?

so i have pcos and symptoms of endometriosis but a clear ultrasound so they gave me the combined pill but it made me gain 2 stone within 1-2 months and i couldn’t lose weight. i also had severe nausea and migraines constantly. it wasn’t working for me so i stopped it a few months ago (before i was dating him). i haven’t had a period since the pill period and im in pain a lot so ive been given a progesterone pill that will stop me from having periods. im very concerned about how it will affect my appearance again and we haven’t had sex yet as it’s too soon for that for us. i’m just scared if my sex drive goes low or anything like that. i feel embarrassed telling him about the pill should i tell him?
Reply 1
what's embarrassing about being on the pill? if you don't want to tell him why you are on it, you can just say it's for contraception. why are you worried about telling him?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
what's embarrassing about being on the pill? if you don't want to tell him why you are on it, you can just say it's for contraception. why are you worried about telling him?

idk i just think it’s difficult to bring up and we haven’t got to the sexual talking stage but im jist worried about my body image when being on this.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
idk i just think it’s difficult to bring up and we haven’t got to the sexual talking stage but im jist worried about my body image when being on this.

just bring it up when you do get to that stage?

Quick Reply

Latest