The Student Room Group

Haven’t been invited to colleagues wedding?

I personally really like my colleague and from how she acts I had always thought she liked me too but I think clearly not now.

By the way I know she can invite whoever she likes to her wedding but I’m quite sensitive and I feel a little hurt that I’m not invited given we work so closely together, we sit next to each other do the same job. I just don’t think she likes me as she never asks to do stuff outside of work. It’s a hard pill to swallow and of course I know not everyone likes everyone but when we talk at work we have so much in common and we laugh!

She’s invited other colleagues so she must just not like me which is fine but I can’t help but feeling hurt and just a bit awkward in the office now
Sorry about this, but, as you say, it's her wedding and her choice who she does / doesn't want to invite.

Sometimes they can be really tight on numbers for cost reasons... but normally this is less of a case at the evening reception, so I've known cases where people missed the actual ceremony, but could come to the evening do if they wanted to.

When you talk, is it purely about work stuff or do you chat about social things as well? Not sure what your dynamic is like, but maybe she just thought you wouldn't be interested? Is there anyone she's particularly close to? you could ask them for their thoughts or if there's a reason if you're not comfortable going to her directly.
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Sorry about this, but, as you say, it's her wedding and her choice who she does / doesn't want to invite.

Sometimes they can be really tight on numbers for cost reasons... but normally this is less of a case at the evening reception, so I've known cases where people missed the actual ceremony, but could come to the evening do if they wanted to.

When you talk, is it purely about work stuff or do you chat about social things as well? Not sure what your dynamic is like, but maybe she just thought you wouldn't be interested? Is there anyone she's particularly close to? you could ask them for their thoughts or if there's a reason if you're not comfortable going to her directly.

Yea true and I know she has lots of friends outside of work which can be costly. No we talk about our boyfriends, gym classes she talks about her family and I talk about mine. I’m over it now really when I found out yesterday I was hurt but at the end of the day weddings are like £25K now so I don’t blame her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending