The Student Room Group

AQA HUMAN Biology Unit 1 Jan 2012

So how is revision going? Anyone got any tips on what to revise exactly? Or stuff that always comes up/is very likely to come up? Anything.. Literally anything. Haha. Tips on getting an A? I've been getting 3-5% off an A recently and it's driving me mad. They can be really picky on wording! :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DROGB
So how is revision going? Anyone got any tips on what to revise exactly? Or stuff that always comes up/is very likely to come up? Anything.. Literally anything. Haha. Tips on getting an A? I've been getting 3-5% off an A recently and it's driving me mad. They can be really picky on wording! :eek:

Make sure you can do the general how science work questions, most of the mark schemes are similar but can be really badly worded :/

Revision is going well, I have HBIO2 aswell so :tongue:
Reply 2
Ahh thank you :smile: yeah I've found that too, and some of the mark schemes kind of contradicted each other -_- Good luck!
Reply 3
I havent started past papers yet...does that hinder my chances of getting a A? :s-smilie:
how many hours do you suggest to spend on bio?

Reply 4
Original post by wrahman
I havent started past papers yet...does that hinder my chances of getting a A? :s-smilie:
how many hours do you suggest to spend on bio?

Honestly, just make notes from the text book etc.

Past papers are quite important too. The HSW questions are usually similar mark scheme wise. Just get some work done :smile:.

You'll do fine!
Reply 5
Thanks good luck too! :smile:
Reply 6
Good luck wrahman :smile:

I have a mock Friday 16th.... will let you know how it goes.... ahhh my target grade is a B but I REALLY want an A -_-
Reply 7
Original post by DROGB
Good luck wrahman :smile:

I have a mock Friday 16th.... will let you know how it goes.... ahhh my target grade is a B but I REALLY want an A -_-

I have the mock paper if you really want it (January 2012) :wink:. I'm going to use it as a mock too!

Had to buy it from AQA :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Doctor.
I have the mock paper if you really want it (January 2012) :wink:. I'm going to use it as a mock too!

Had to buy it from AQA :frown:

January 2012? Confused... Haha

I'd love it if you don't mind? thank you very much!

You had to pay? I am obviously oblivious to this whole buying papers saga... I thought they were free? :/ :eek:
Reply 9
Original post by DROGB
January 2012? Confused... Haha

I'd love it if you don't mind? thank you very much!

You had to pay? I am obviously oblivious to this whole buying papers saga... I thought they were free? :/ :eek:

I'll have to upload it tomorrow, not got the scanner near me :frown:.

It's was only like a fiver lol. I was meaning to say June 2011 lol :biggrin:.
Reply 10
Original post by Doctor.
I'll have to upload it tomorrow, not got the scanner near me :frown:.

It's was only like a fiver lol. I was meaning to say June 2011 lol :biggrin:.

Ohhhh! Ok thanks!

By the way how did you buy it? I may look into buying for other subjects
Reply 11
Original post by DROGB
Ohhhh! Ok thanks!

By the way how did you buy it? I may look into buying for other subjects

http://shop.aqa.org.uk/
Reply 12
thanks!
Reply 13
I'm in need of the June 2011 aqa Biology unit 1 paper too! ASAP :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by NikitaS
I'm in need of the June 2011 aqa Biology unit 1 paper too! ASAP :frown:

Only Human Biology I'm afraid :frown:.
Reply 15
Does anyone have that specific paper lol:frown:
Reply 16
I hate bio
Reply 17
Original post by NikitaS
I hate bio

It's not a fun subject tbh lol. Well content for human biology is good but the mark schemes are ridiculous
Reply 18
Yeah, I definatley agree with you there's also a lot to remember! .. Have you got the June 2011 paper by any chance btw:smile:?
Reply 19
Original post by NikitaS
Yeah, I definatley agree with you there's also a lot to remember! .. Have you got the June 2011 paper by any chance btw:smile:?

Nope, the only way you can get it is if you buy it if their website :frown: I had to do that for HBIO papers. They're not too bad price-wise. It was like £2.00 for papers and £1.50 for mark schemes. :smile:

You'll do fine, just keep up the past papers! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending