Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier Journalism 2012

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else going to the applicant's day tomorrow? :smile:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 81
Anyone else heard back yet. I've already firmed my conditional :biggrin:.
I just need to pass my bloody exams now :frown:
Anyone know what I should wear for my interview on Monday? I'm not sure :/

Also, I emailed to confirm my attendance of the interview, but never heard anything back. I tried phoning as well but nobody picked up - do you think they definitely know I'm attending?
Reply 83
I phoned asking what to wear and they said smart but don't over-do it. Most people kind of did this anyway.

I forgot to confirm my attendance and they e-mailed me asking me to. I assume if they don't know you're attending you'll hear from them.

Good luck for the interview :smile:
So do you think a blouse, pencil skirt and flats is suitable, or too dressy?

Thanks, that's reassuring :smile:

Thank you! I'm preparing everything right now, so here's hoping :smile:
Reply 85
That seems suitable. Pretty much the level of 'dressiness' that most people at my interview had.
Reply 87
Tutor mentioned that she was kind of surprised at the amount of applicants this year that didn't know what the Leveson Inquiry was, so a basic understanding of current affairs wouldn't do anyone any harm if there are still any folk waiting to be interviewed!
Original post by Nicola.
Tutor mentioned that she was kind of surprised at the amount of applicants this year that didn't know what the Leveson Inquiry was, so a basic understanding of current affairs wouldn't do anyone any harm if there are still any folk waiting to be interviewed!

Yeah the interviewer asked me if I knew what it was. That is quite surprising some applicants didn't know - considering it's been all over the news for months.

She asked me some in detail questions, all of which I answered apart from one on Syria for which I had no clue.

She said that there would probably be some conditions for me, which I was a bit confused about, because my predicted grades are AAAA and I got AAAB in my prelims :/ Though I will of course be really happy with a conditional!

Overall I think it went okay, wish I'd sold myself more. My nerves got the better of me I think :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by journalismus
She said that there would probably be some conditions for me, which I was a bit confused about, because my predicted grades are AAAA and I got AAAB in my prelims :/ Though I will of course be really happy with a conditional!
(

It's only unconditional if you've already got the grades...
Ah okay. I got AAACC last year and my guidance teacher thought that my 3 A's would make up for the 2 C's and fulfil the entry requirements. :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by closey95
I heard from someone that used to teach the course that a famous person's kid is going their this year. I doubt it's true, but still.

^^^ I think it may be Lorraine Kelly's daughter, I know she had an interview :s-smilie:

Congrats to everyone who got Unconditional's and Conditional's! Can't wait till September now!!
Reply 92
Firmed my unconditional earlier. Bring on September!!
Reply 93
Original post by 49annie
^^^ I think it may be Lorraine Kelly's daughter, I know she had an interview :s-smilie:
!

Ah, makes sense.
Conditional offer, yay! I need 1 B, which is easy :smile:

Now I'm confused over where to go haha :P
Reply 95
Anybody else accepted an offer?
Reply 96
I've accepted my offer :smile: woooo! excited but a little nervous to enter the big bad world of journalism :P
Reply 97
Original post by lauren7504
I've accepted my offer :smile: woooo! excited but a little nervous to enter the big bad world of journalism :P

was it an unconditional? I can't wait!
Reply 98
well in my interview they told me it was, but then they changed to a conditional for a B :tongue: but I'm fine with that, it's giving me motivation for this years exams! :rolleyes:
Reply 99
Original post by lauren7504
well in my interview they told me it was, but then they changed to a conditional for a B :tongue: but I'm fine with that, it's giving me motivation for this years exams! :rolleyes:

aw that's cool, I've had absol
utely no motivation haha

Quick Reply

Latest