The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by medbh4805
:coma:

white stilton with apricots though

:sogood:

oh my god........... I'm salivating... :sogood:

look how big that wheel of stilton is.. it's like the size of a human head.... :coma:
Original post by such_a_lady
Yeah everyone from the year above me went to Southampton. In my year, I swear at least 50% of them are ALL going to Winchester.
My college sends more people to Winchester than any other institution does. (But we're big and close, so I guess it's okay.)

How was Dublin??
An awesome time :biggrin: Musical tours are easily some of the best experiences of my life. I guess you've seen the photos on Facebook? We ended up giving an impromptu performance in a packed Dublin pub!
Original post by fluteflute
My college sends more people to Winchester than any other institution does. (But we're big and close, so I guess it's okay.)

An awesome time :biggrin: Musical tours are easily some of the best experiences of my life. I guess you've seen the photos on Facebook? We ended up giving an impromptu performance in a packed Dublin pub!

That's insane :eek: I don't even know where Winchester is...

Aww that's great! :biggrin: I'm ashamed to say I haven't...I'm sharing a laptop with the general family because mine's broken, so my messing-around-on-FB-and-TSR-time is dramatically reduced :frown: That sounds great, though :biggrin:
That's insane :eek: I don't even know where Winchester is...

Aww that's great! :biggrin: I'm ashamed to say I haven't...I'm sharing a laptop with the general family because mine's broken, so my messing-around-on-FB-and-TSR-time is dramatically reduced :frown: That sounds great, though :biggrin:
Slightly north of Southampton :smile:

Ah, I'm not sure I could cope with that! Must be good for your revision though :tongue:
I got "most likely to be kicked out of Oxbridge for innapropriate behaviour" for my yearbook.
We've got so much leavers stuff going on... yearbook, ball, hoodies, tribute video, assembly, plus the good old muck up day... it's fun but distracting from revision! :tongue:
But... Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit!!

(:sexface: if anyone gets this)

I don't get it. :frown:

Yeah everyone from the year above me went to Southampton. In my year, I swear at least 50% of them are ALL going to Winchester. It's the annoyingly loud cliquey girls (some of whom are my friends individually but I have to actively glare at the whole group when they choose the library as a place to hang out, giggle, discuss Disney films, swoon about how amaaaazing their Zumba class was, plan their next party (some of them used to be really nerdy and are now over-compensating, wildly) and generally make loads of noise because we clearly haven't got anywhere else to hang out, BABES :rolleyes: While some of us actually want to do some work... But yeah, so many people are going to Winchester, and half of them actually changed their minds about their firm choice simply because everyone else is going there. Madness.

:lol: Such a waste; one has such an opportunity to improve their social group at university, not to mention gaining a wonderful experience of being independent a fair distance from home - cliques just irritate me so much. I think that every school has such a female clique, with only minor variations on topics for gossip. Ours never chose the library, though: they at least had the decency to choose the Sixth Form Common Room. I'm surprised the school tolerated them. I can't believe that someone would make their university choice based on who was going there - I mean, at the start of this year I did apply to the same university as my girlfriend, but we both knew we'd never pick a university based on whether or not our partner was there...
By the by, today was without a shadow of a doubt the longest day I've had in a while. I don't think I've ever wanted to go to university more than I do today. :sigh: Five months feels like an eternity...
Original post by KingMessi
I don't get it. :frown:

:lol: Such a waste; one has such an opportunity to improve their social group at university, not to mention gaining a wonderful experience of being independent a fair distance from home - cliques just irritate me so much. I think that every school has such a female clique, with only minor variations on topics for gossip. Ours never chose the library, though: they at least had the decency to choose the Sixth Form Common Room. I'm surprised the school tolerated them. I can't believe that someone would make their university choice based on who was going there - I mean, at the start of this year I did apply to the same university as my girlfriend, but we both knew we'd never pick a university based on whether or not our partner was there...

Google it, you ninny xD
You're right :/ if Sven had received an Oxford offer he would have taken it because I would be there; that much he even told his friends, but actually I'm quite glad I've got the nice mix of a fresh start plus knowing some people (you guys, interview peeps) because it's new but not toooo intimidating :wink: I was the only one from my school to get an Oxford offer, which is quite nice in itself, as it'll be nice to get away.
Google it, you ninny xD
You're right :/ if Sven had received an Oxford offer he would have taken it because I would be there; that much he even told his friends, but actually I'm quite glad I've got the nice mix of a fresh start plus knowing some people (you guys, interview peeps) because it's new but not toooo intimidating :wink: I was the only one from my school to get an Oxford offer, which is quite nice in itself, as it'll be nice to get away.

I don't know what to Google. :rolleyes: Plus I like to try and deduce these things for myself.

Oh, did he not get one? Or did he? :erm: Yes, you get to come knowing us wonderful people...:tongue: :lol: I know a few of my peers who got in last year, but none that I was particularly close to, which I think is to an extent better because it means I can ask for help without relying on it...are you pleased to be leaving your school as well?
I don't know what to Google. :rolleyes: Plus I like to try and deduce these things for myself.

Oh, did he not get one? Or did he? :erm: Yes, you get to come knowing us wonderful people...:tongue: :lol: I know a few of my peers who got in last year, but none that I was particularly close to, which I think is to an extent better because it means I can ask for help without relying on it...are you pleased to be leaving your school as well?

No, he didn't :frown: but it's okay, warwick is only 45 mins away :wink:
Yeah actually. It's been nice, but I'm just excited to move on now.
No, he didn't :frown: but it's okay, warwick is only 45 mins away :wink:
Yeah actually. It's been nice, but I'm just excited to move on now.

That's a shame...but forty-five minutes is hardly anything; closer than Exeter...:erm:

That's good...I think everyone is by the end...
Reply 1692
By the by, today was without a shadow of a doubt the longest day I've had in a while. I don't think I've ever wanted to go to university more than I do today. :sigh: Five months feels like an eternity...

no poem either :dontknow:
That's a shame...but forty-five minutes is hardly anything; closer than Exeter...:erm:

That's good...I think everyone is by the end...

Apart from the Winchester people :P

Spoiler

Original post by Frey
no poem either :dontknow:

:eek4: Don't even talk to me... :pierre:

Apart from the Winchester people :P

Spoiler

Yes. Apart from the Winchester people. And the numerous people in my year who went to Manchester (though Manchester is a superior university to Winchester...)

Spoiler

Reply 1695
:eek4: Don't even talk to me... :pierre:

:cry: i'm so soz.

I got puppies today :awesome: my boyfriend found them abandoned on a road when he was archaeology-ing and they took them back to the camp (three of them) and I get to keep one... :h: (well as my 'keep' as in 'keep' in Georgia.. :cry:)

(it's all black with a white tip tail, and will be called Moshi :B IT'S SO ****ING CUTE)
Original post by Frey
:cry: i'm so soz.

I got puppies today :awesome: my boyfriend found them abandoned on a road when he was archaeology-ing and they took them back to the camp (three of them) and I get to keep one... :h: (well as my 'keep' as in 'keep' in Georgia.. :cry:)

(it's all black with a white tip, and will be called Moshi :B IT'S SO ****ING CUTE)

I'm sorry too, but that is unforgivable...:holmes:

Oh, that's good for you. :smile: :biggrin: Are they in good condition? That's so nice of him...:colondollar:

I remember when I went to Zante there were abandoned dogs everywhere, but I'm sure your new one is far, far more attractive (and docile) than the strays there...:erm:
But... Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit!!

(:sexface: if anyone gets this)

How did I only see this comment now

:sexface: :sexface: :sexface:

nor should be forget tomatoes...especially friend green ones :colone:
Reply 1698
I'm sorry too, but that is unforgivable...:holmes:

Oh, that's good for you. :smile: :biggrin: Are they in good condition? That's so nice of him...:colondollar:

I remember when I went to Zante there were abandoned dogs everywhere, but I'm sure your new one is far, far more attractive (and docile) than the strays there...:erm:

yes, they are all fine and soooo cute! :awesome: He's a big massive softie.....:teehee:

Yeah, in Turkey/ Georgia it's a bit of a problem. In Turkey some have rabies, so you have to be careful (they tag the one's that have had their jags). These puppies must only be 5-6 days old though, so they're/ will be fineeeee :awesome:

They ended up with some weird names though ahaha (one is called Lucky, one is Moshi and one got called 'beech'o' (which means 'boy/dude' in Georgian no idea what that was all about.. )
Original post by Frey
yes, they are all fine and soooo cute! :awesome: He's a big massive softie.....:teehee:

Yeah, in Turkey/ Georgia it's a bit of a problem. In Turkey some have rabies, so you have to be careful (they tag the one's that have had their jags). These puppies must only be 5-6 days old though, so they're/ will be fineeeee :awesome:

They ended up with some weird names though ahaha (one is called Lucky, one is Moshi and one got called 'beech'o' (which means 'boy/dude' in Georgian no idea what that was all about.. )

Oh, that's wonderful, then! It's just a shame he can't join you in England...

Hmm, I think the same situation exists in Greece, so we all stayed well clear of such dogs.

LOL, well...I'm sure people would think that many of our dog's names are rather odd...something to sleep on as I'm off to bed now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending