The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Amazing
Ha, it's not as bad as it could have been though. Was it Michael Howard that said, "anything that Labour can do, the Liberal Democrats can do worse"?

If only that was untrue :frown:
Reply 121
blissy

SO anyway Helenia - I'm looking forward to having my birthday in/near (?) May week. eeeeee!

Yeah, me too, but I'm almost certain to have exams that day, so I'm thinking we may have to wait till May Week proper to celebrate it! My friend at Peterhouse has his b'day just a couple of days before mine as well, so if he's still speaking to me we might have a joint thingy. Another of my friends has her birthday on the 15th, which is technically the day after Clare May Ball, but as it goes on till 6, a good part of it will be actually on her birthday! Now that would be cool :biggrin: Are you having a ball this year?

KHL is scaring me...I'm so gonna fail this year. :frown:
Mentally Ill
I have a question (not just directed to Haz, although a response from Haz would be very acceptable:smile:):
It is true that we all do the same degree and sit the same exams irrespective of college. However, it seems to me that each colleges teaching differs substantially, and the workload varies from college to college. Does this mean that some people will be better prepared for the exams than others (assuming they do only the minimum required by the college)? I was led to beleive that essays/workload are generally set by the faculty and not college. How wrong am I?

I am beginning to get a little concerned now, because I am very lazy and need to be forced to work hard......and my college is a graduate college so I would imagine that the atmosphere is relatively relaxed.......I think I would just fall apart if I had to do four essays in one week without bullied by tutors.

Well no one could be more lazy than me - I didn't do ANY work in 6th form but I still managed to get into it here. Work is set by supervisors who may or may not be from your college. Some people get spoon fed and others have to figure it out. Just need to make sure you know what you need to have covered and try and fit it in if you feel you haven't done enough work. People do as much as they need to be it more (or less...) than the college sets. 4 essays a week is a bit excessive, it isn't usually that bad, don't worry!

Latest

Trending

Trending