The Student Room Group

Help understanding Psychology essay question

I am currently writing an essay for Psychology but I am really struggling to understand the question and how to write about it.
The essay question is “How important is replication for understanding human behaviour? Discuss with reference to obedience”.
I sent in my formative essay and my feedback wasn’t good. I didn’t discuss why replication is important enough and I didn’t use the PEEL method. I’m confused and panicking a lot as I don’t want to fail but I can’t for the life of me understand how to write about it while also including peer reviewed psychology journals as examples for replication.
Original post by Kuchikopi
I am currently writing an essay for Psychology but I am really struggling to understand the question and how to write about it.
The essay question is “How important is replication for understanding human behaviour? Discuss with reference to obedience”.
I sent in my formative essay and my feedback wasn’t good. I didn’t discuss why replication is important enough and I didn’t use the PEEL method. I’m confused and panicking a lot as I don’t want to fail but I can’t for the life of me understand how to write about it while also including peer reviewed psychology journals as examples for replication.

Well, feedback is a good point to start. Probably best to read about the replication crisis and why it's such a big deal in psychology. Also worth reaching out to your personal tutor, who should hopefully be able to provide some direction and pointers about your essay :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard

Well, feedback is a good point to start. Probably best to read about the replication crisis and why it's such a big deal in psychology. Also worth reaching out to your personal tutor, who should hopefully be able to provide some direction and pointers about your essay :smile:

I was literally about to delete this because I finally understand it. Luckily my lecturer is super helpful! I was nervous to reach out but she clarified everything, thank goodness!

Quick Reply

Latest