The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by Cymru1985
I hope Apex make their decision soon. They have been on my mind quite a bit since Friday's developments.

On another note, has anyone heard from 1 High Pavement? :confused:

I have not heard a thing. Some people had requests for references and final exam marks last few weeks but even those people I am not aware have actually been offered an interview or heard anything more. I think somebody may have to contact them and see whats happening. It is the 2nd of Aug a week on Thursday and they normally have 2 rounds? I hope they have not decided not to take anybody on after all. Really thought we would have heard by now.
Reply 3221
Still no news from 9 st johns street post first rounds? Suppose to have heard by monday... Guessing silent rejection?!
Original post by derbybar
I have not heard a thing. Some people had requests for references and final exam marks last few weeks but even those people I am not aware have actually been offered an interview or heard anything more. I think somebody may have to contact them and see whats happening. It is the 2nd of Aug a week on Thursday and they normally have 2 rounds? I hope they have not decided not to take anybody on after all. Really thought we would have heard by now.

I just spoke to someone at Chambers and invitations for first rounds have not been sent out. Upon further query in regard to when notification was likely, I was told it would "probably" be another 7 to 10 days from now. Hope this helps!
Reply 3223
Original post by seatoshiningsea
I just spoke to someone at Chambers and invitations for first rounds have not been sent out. Upon further query in regard to when notification was likely, I was told it would "probably" be another 7 to 10 days from now. Hope this helps!

I take it pupillage will not be offered on the usual 2nd Aug then

I don't think they'll be the only ones not offering then; 3TG (John Coffey) among others haven't sent out interview invites yet either.

Unlikely. They might just roll both rounds into one as I believe they used to do, but even then it'll be past the 2nd August :frown: it's all a bit odd considering they're recruiting for this year!
Reply 3226
Has anyone heard from 5SAH re second rounds? They told me they were sending them out tonight.

Also, anyone had a post second round qebhw rejection, as I know they rejects some before 2nd August last year?

I would have thought all participating training organisations would be required to interview and make offers in line with the Portal timetable.

Highly unlikely -it's going to be well past 2 August for offers.

Chambers has anywhere up to 6 September, 14:00, to make pupillage offers. An additional month past the traditional results day, thus giving the potential 1 High Pavement pupil time until 20 September to accept pupillage.

Indeed, a rather tight schedule.
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone ever interviewed with Atkin Chambers?
Reply 3230
Original post by TakeTwo
Has anyone heard from 5SAH re second rounds? They told me they were sending them out tonight.

Also, anyone had a post second round qebhw rejection, as I know they rejects some before 2nd August last year?

I don't think they'll be letting people know until tomorrow as first rounds were still happening today
Reply 3231
Original post by mahler
I don't think they'll be letting people know until tomorrow as first rounds were still happening today

Cutting it fine- their second round is on Weds. Thank you for the info!
Reply 3232
My 'feedback' from Matrix Chambers first round which took a month to prepare:

Dear ****

I write on behalf of the interview panel in response to your request for feedback.

This year, the panel conducted preliminary interviews of 61 long-listed candidates, from whom they were required to select 8 to go through to a final full interview. All 61 candidates were selected on the strength of highly impressive and in some cases, outstanding CVs. The purpose of the interviews was to try to form a sense of how the candidates performed on their feet in response to the questions put to them. Many of the candidates performed very well, and the panel were faced with the difficult task of selecting only 8 to go through to the second round.

In the interview, the panel considered that your answers to the questions were not as analytically careful and well-structured as those of the successful candidates.

I wish you well in your other applications and future career.
Yours sincerely,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AMD86
My 'feedback' from Matrix Chambers first round which took a month to prepare:

Dear ****

I write on behalf of the interview panel in response to your request for feedback.

This year, the panel conducted preliminary interviews of 61 long-listed candidates, from whom they were required to select 8 to go through to a final full interview. All 61 candidates were selected on the strength of highly impressive and in some cases, outstanding CVs. The purpose of the interviews was to try to form a sense of how the candidates performed on their feet in response to the questions put to them. Many of the candidates performed very well, and the panel were faced with the difficult task of selecting only 8 to go through to the second round.

In the interview, the panel considered that your answers to the questions were not as analytically careful and well-structured as those of the successful candidates.

I wish you well in your other applications and future career.
Yours sincerely,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Rather vague, and something that (for the most part, except for the allusion to analytically imprecise answers) can be found in any standard rejection letter. Not very useful in terms of feedback, I'm afraid...particularly since it does not clarify which specific areas of your approach were lacking and how the structure of the answers provided by the other interviewees distinguished itself in that respect. Feedback should attempt to be as precise and as tailored to the applicant as possible - many in this thread rightly emphasise the learning curve you undergo in interviews. Meaningful feedback goes a long way in assisting a candidate's improvement in subsequent interviews - even if some areas might have been obvious to the candidate himself/herself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3234
re second round.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3235
Has anyone any previous experience of a St Ives second round?

Also, has anyone received a response, be it rejection or interview, from Angel chambers?
Original post by morelaw
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of interviews at 13KBW? I'd be really interested to know even the smallest detail of what I'm likely to face. Thanks.

Friend had an interview there last year. Pretty sure it was a contract legal problem question, followed by cv questions. Good luck!
Original post by welshb

Also, has anyone received a response, be it rejection or interview, from Angel chambers?

Still says under consideration
Reply 3238
http://www.barristermagazine.com/services/cpd-workshops.html

Above article maybe of interest.

Discussing a shorter LPC for BPTC students wishing to cross qualify as a Solicitor
This may also be of interest to some...convert your BVC/BPTC to an LLM by completing a dissertation (and paying a fee).

http://www.law.cf.ac.uk/cpls/llm/index.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending