The Student Room Group

C1 Edexcel C1 13 January 2012 - how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by yaboy

Original post by yaboy
im wondering if they lower the grade boundries, if someone got like 67 anyway will their percentage go up or will it remain the same because im guessing the overallpercentage over all the exams is what really matters

UMS would go up, but only by a few points.
Reply 61
oh god i dearly want to get an A grade in c1.............because the worst moment would be when i would see B grade on my certificate........since c1 is the easiest among all the maths papers..........and if we people screwed on this paper............then the papers would laugh at us like :lol:...........:frown:
Reply 62
Original post by methylphenidate
Am I the only one who found this impossible? Im not the greatest of students I must say but i walked in being the most prepared for an exam i have been on my life. Having done like 15 past papers all to come 75-85%, i have encountered all sorts of little twists from 2002-2011.

I went mad at the salarys question, did it all the different ways i could think off always to end up with t=0. Did this happen to any of you?

And the area of triangle series one i knew everything right i just see the question see what ive been given and work it out but here there were no coordinates nothing just an equation. I went mad coming up with new of my own methods which i hadnt been taught in my life.

Dunno listening to you here im starting to think im thick but i just dont understand this trying to make people not to pass. I mean whats the point, you've been taught something, i dont expect the answers to come up like on the book but why do you always try to catch people with so many complications? i have been taught that in the subject have I?

Doing so many past papers i could see how from about 2008 they started putting these traps and every year after they got worse and worse. Why man why?

Well sorry for the big chunk i just had to get it out of me :biggrin: hehe

Man i cant explain it better than you. I done every C1 paper from 2000 and something. I got like 70-73 on them all. And i realised the previous A level exams have less traps and they were testing on what you learnt but now we get all these traps in the exam. Its almost like they dont want us to pass/get a good grade. I was soo confident b4 i walked in to get an A but but the first 1-4 or 5 questions were repaeated so were very good and then it turned out to be anightmare. The salary question omg confused me soo much i tried so many different methods aswell. It said the Sn for scheme 1 was the same as the Sn for scheme 2. This stupid statement made me make them equal to each other and get 0. Why say they are the same when they arenot? People told me you had to wotk out the Sn for scheme 2 aswell. BUT the statement in the paper said the Sn was the same so why would someone go and waste VALUABLE time working out an Sn for scheme 2. VERY annoyed at this RUBBISH paper.
Reply 63
Original post by blue012

Original post by blue012
Man i cant explain it better than you. I done every C1 paper from 2000 and something. I got like 70-73 on them all. And i realised the previous A level exams have less traps and they were testing on what you learnt but now we get all these traps in the exam. Its almost like they dont want us to pass/get a good grade. I was soo confident b4 i walked in to get an A but but the first 1-4 or 5 questions were repaeated so were very good and then it turned out to be anightmare. The salary question omg confused me soo much i tried so many different methods aswell. It said the Sn for scheme 1 was the same as the Sn for scheme 2. This stupid statement made me make them equal to each other and get 0. Why say they are the same when they arenot? People told me you had to wotk out the Sn for scheme 2 aswell. BUT the statement in the paper said the Sn was the same so why would someone go and waste VALUABLE time working out an Sn for scheme 2. VERY annoyed at this RUBBISH paper.

The Sn was equal for both schemes, so you had something to work from to find out the variables. You didn't have to find it, so why would you?
Reply 64
Original post by JOR2010
The Sn was equal for both schemes, so you had something to work from to find out the variables. You didn't have to find it, so why would you?

thats my question i had the sn for scheme 1 so why would i work out the sn for scheme 2 if they are the same.
Reply 65
under a month to go, guys!!! :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by nm786
under a month to go, guys!!! :frown:

yeah and then our results would be released...........i dont want to see my result because i really screwed in this paper..............like u guys i was expecting the paper to be easy and felt that i was well prepared for c1 exam but then what........ughhhhhhh:frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 67
Original post by blue012

Original post by blue012
thats my question i had the sn for scheme 1 so why would i work out the sn for scheme 2 if they are the same.

You didn't, you used the Equation to find t!
Reply 68
Original post by JOR2010
You didn't, you used the Equation to find t!

hi how are u? :wink: can i ask you do u think the frade boundarie will be less than 58!
Reply 69
Original post by blue012

The total of the series was same, not the series.
Reply 70
Original post by otrivine

Original post by otrivine
hi how are u? :wink: can i ask you do u think the frade boundarie will be less than 58!

Doubt they'll be less than 58 tbh! Probably 58/9 for an A.
Reply 71
hey guys, that paper was horrible, so hopefully grade boundaries will be lower...probably a 57/58? fingers crossed...good luck for everyones results :smile:
Reply 72
hope the grade boundary goes to 55 or 56:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by raheem94
The total of the series was same, not the series.

the sn was the same so i made the sn = to each other.
Reply 74
Everone, i have found the question paper and the official mark scheme to the Edexcel C1 january 2012 exam, please see this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1930364

and good luck :smile:
Reply 75
grade boundary would be lower than 58 i guess....like 57 or 56 for an A. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending