The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Didnt get one. Im 700 odd on reserve.

****ing ****e this, I don't know anyone who got one yet.

The success rate in this thread is pretty high though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Still waiting on the email but my dads convinced me to go anyway :biggrin: He's gonna go in a pub round Wembley if he can't get a ticket in the meantime. Happy days eventually :smile:

Bad news for those who weren't sorted in the ballot, hopefully you's will get a ticket anyway.
How you going to get there?
Original post by ChrisWilliams
How you going to get there?

Brother lives down south so driving down and stopping there, train into London early morning and tube to Wembley I reckon! Can't wait now :biggrin: Never been Wembley before.
Reply 1984
Apparently certain elements of the media weren't allowed into the press conference today.

Original post by Belle-x
What number is he on the waiting list? I'm still waiting on my dads email to find out! Bet all those in top 50 are in suspense until tickets are sold :biggrin:

Didn't say.

Think the top 500-1000 in the waiting list should have a decent chance of getting a ticket?

Fs, train ticks are going to be a joke for that day. Might have to stay round someone's house night before..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pn94
Apparently certain elements of the media weren't allowed into the press conference today.

Didn't say.

Think the top 500-1000 in the waiting list should have a decent chance of getting a ticket?

Fs, train ticks are going to be a joke for that day. Might have to stay round someone's house night before..

Where have you read that? That's interesting.

Yeah train tickets will be mad. It's only about £13 return including the tube from my brothers to King Cross so I should be alright.
Reply 1986
Original post by Pn94

You had to apply I think.

Talksport were going mad because JuiceFM didnt apply and didnt get in.
Original post by Pn94

Not a chance. Be lucky if the top 50 get sorted.

Im 700 and im not expecting a call. I'd be nervous as hell if i was in the first 50 though!

Theres no way 1 in every 10 who were successful are not going to go. They'll all be bought and sold on if they arent wanted.
Original post by Pn94

My total journeys cost about 30 quid, but im going friday-monday.

The trains will probably be close to a ton each way, the robbing *****
Original post by Pn94

Didn't say.

£75 atm, return same day. So about £85 with a tube pass.
Original post by Belle-x

Yeah train tickets will be mad. It's only about £13 return including the tube from my brothers to King Cross so I should be alright.

I'm glad you've decided to get one. If I was successful and my mate not I'd have probably took up the ticket and gone on my own anyway. Who knows when the next time will be when we play at Wembley again so if you're given the opportunity you can't turn it down!

My mates gonna come down to Guildford on the Saturday probably and stay till the Monday. Just gonna look at train prices now from Runcorn, bet it'll be a bomb :/
Original post by Belle-x

With my railcard it'll be about £10 from my aunty's so may just do that instead of travelling from either Liverpool or Cardiff.
Original post by orionmoo
I'm glad you've decided to get one. If I was successful and my mate not I'd have probably took up the ticket and gone on my own anyway. Who knows when the next time will be when we play at Wembley again so if you're given the opportunity you can't turn it down!

My mates gonna come down to Guildford on the Saturday probably and stay till the Monday. Just gonna look at train prices now from Runcorn, bet it'll be a bomb :/

Haha yeah that was my dads reasoning and he's been to finals before so would rather me go. It was my card that was successful anyway even though I do feel a bit tight :biggrin: He will make do with a pub as I'm sure there will be plenty people down there without a ticket. Hopefully we'll be back down there for FA Cup semis and final :wink:

Just got my train tickets sorted, £9. Can't complain but gotta drive down south so that's all added costs. Made up though now!
Reply 1991
Original post by Belle-x

Heard it earlier.

I haven't got a clue what I'm doing on the tube, probably end up getting lost.

Original post by L18
You had to apply I think.

Talksport were going mad because JuiceFM didnt apply and didnt get in.

Not a chance. Be lucky if the top 50 get sorted.

Im 700 and im not expecting a call. I'd be nervous as hell if i was in the first 50 though!

Theres no way 1 in every 10 who were successful are not going to go. They'll all be bought and sold on if they arent wanted.

My total journeys cost about 30 quid, but im going friday-monday.

The trains will probably be close to a ton each way, the robbing *****

Yeah I heard Mark Saggers was going nuts over it, clown.

I reckon there'll be more than 50. Quite a few people will have no-one to go with and will just leave the sale. At least a couple of hundred imo. You've already got a ticket though haven't you?

No way I'm gonna train I think, **** that haha. Will have to sort something out but I have to be back by Monday.

I wanna know how many 40 quid tickets are left :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1992
Original post by Kevmeister
£75 atm, return same day. So about £85 with a tube pass.

Better off walking.
£54 return from Runcorn with a railcard to Guildford. Pretty standard price I pay if I don't book way in advance whenever I go home to parents house so at least they haven't upped the prices! Anyone know how much roughly it is in petrol to London from Liverpool (say 220 miles). £50 return? Maybe more now with the petrol prices..
£54 return from Runcorn with a railcard to Guildford. Pretty standard price I pay if I don't book way in advance whenever I go home to parents house so at least they haven't upped the prices! Anyone know how much roughly it is in petrol to London from Liverpool (say 220 miles). £50 return? Maybe more now with the petrol prices..

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/distances-for-london-to-liverpool.htm Don't know how accurate that is lol

We ended up using about £75 in petrol (when we drove from London to Liverpool for the semi final) and that was in a small car.

In fairness it might be a bit less as we had to drive a little bit extra due to the roadworks, closure of motorways, needing petrol at 2am and all the traffic on the day.
My next dilemma is whether I go up to Anfield on Tuesday to get in the queue for tickets in the freezing cold or whether I get them online. Is it worth the extra £5.50 to stay in bed and get my tickets?
My next dilemma is whether I go up to Anfield on Tuesday to get in the queue for tickets in the freezing cold or whether I get them online. Is it worth the extra £5.50 to stay in bed and get my tickets?

Will it cost you anything to get to Anfield (bus/petrol etc)?

Depends how skint you are and how much free time you have.

Yes. Shouldn't be server overload as there usually is as there's only 5k-ish going for them over 2 days..
Original post by Pn94
Better off walking.

If you have a railcard it'll be £50 for the train. But w/e.

Start walking on Sunday.

Latest