The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Away & 3rd kits change every season anyway.

Interesting that Kenny's said we're going to have a 'quiet' window. Suggests we may well be making no signings. Tbh that'd be quite disappointing.
Original post by Pn94

Interesting that Kenny's said we're going to have a 'quiet' window. Suggests we may well be making no signings. Tbh that'd be quite disappointing.

Look on the bright side though, we've signed some of the best youngsters around. :sexface:
Original post by Pn94

That would be ridiculous, not just disappointing.
Reply 383
Original post by CB91
Look on the bright side though, we've signed some of the best youngsters around. :sexface:

Original post by medhopeful696969
That would be ridiculous, not just disappointing.

Joking aside, top 4 would really be a big ask if we don't sign anyone.

Unless players like Carroll and Downing can actually start performing to a high standard week in week out, which I'm not optimistic about, especially Downing.
Original post by CB91

Arsenal your second team? :sly:
Original post by Kevmeister
Arsenal your second team? :sly:

:colonhash:
My bad, the kits seemed legit.
Original post by So Instinct
My bad, the kits seemed legit.

??
Original post by Pn94
Joking aside, top 4 would really be a big ask if we don't sign anyone.

Unless players like Carroll and Downing can actually start performing to a high standard week in week out, which I'm not optimistic about, especially Downing.

It's sad that the only person capable of actually crossing it to carroll is a central midfielder. That's gotta be saying something especially since the person who's job it is to cross to carroll is pretty crap.
Original post by orionmoo
??

Posted the Kit's thinking they were the new realeses, turned out they were fan mock ups.
Reply 390
Original post by jam277
It's sad that the only person capable of actually crossing it to carroll is a central midfielder. That's gotta be saying something especially since the person who's job it is to cross to carroll is pretty crap.

Downing can be a decent/good winger tbh, as was evidenced last year at Villa and in his first few games for us - but he's not even a winger atm, all he does is pass back/into midfield. Have no clue why he doesn't take on his man, it's as if he's completely devoid of any confidence.

Adam tbf was a good crosser at Blackpool, especially from deep. Since coming to us though his crosses have been ****e.

I'd have us sign a winger and a striker if I was Kenny. Unfortunately it looks like neither will happen.
Original post by Pn94
Downing can be a decent/good winger tbh, as was evidenced last year at Villa and in his first few games for us - but he's not even a winger atm, all he does is pass back/into midfield. Have no clue why he doesn't take on his man, it's as if he's completely devoid of any confidence.

Adam tbf was a good crosser at Blackpool, especially from deep. Since coming to us though his crosses have been ****e.

I'd have us sign a winger and a striker if I was Kenny. Unfortunately it looks like neither will happen.

You said Downing is good enough (which I agree), but you said we should sign a winger? Kinda contradicting yourself no?

Downing is kinda weird, he has the potential but he is playing as if he is scared to take the man on and lose it, so he plays safe balls. We don't need that, even if he loses it and they get possesions it's not so bad as long as he is still putting in crosses and getting assists.

So basicly I agree with most of what you said. Signing a winger might be overkill though, not sure. But 100% we need to get a new striker and I reckon sell Kuyt, hese not gonna get any games at Liverpool now that or send him out on Loan.
Reply 392
You said Downing is good enough (which I agree), but you said we should sign a winger? Kinda contradicting yourself no?

Downing is kinda weird, he has the potential but he is playing as if he is scared to take the man on and lose it, so he plays safe balls. We don't need that, even if he loses it and they get possesions it's not so bad as long as he is still putting in crosses and getting assists.

So basicly I agree with most of what you said. Signing a winger might be overkill though, not sure. But 100% we need to get a new striker and I reckon sell Kuyt, hese not gonna get any games at Liverpool now that or send him out on Loan.

We need another one, despite Downing's form.

Hoillet would be a good signing.
Reply 393
WE can kiss goodbye to 4th if we don't buy at least one first team player tbh.

Please let it be Junior, but i fear he'll stay at blackburn and look for a super payout in the summer.
Reply 394
If you had to sacrifice one game out of United or City to go through, what would you choose?

I think I'd actually go for City. It's our first chance for a vist to wembley, with relatively easy opposition in the final. Winning a trophy early in the season could really give us that belief to kick on.
Reply 395

Original post by L18
If you had to sacrifice one game out of United or City to go through, what would you choose?

I think I'd actually go for City. It's our first chance for a vist to wembley, with relatively easy opposition in the final. Winning a trophy early in the season could really give us that belief to kick on.

The only thing I would worry about with regards to winning the League Cup is that a lot of our players still have the generic mid-table club mindset. So if theyw in a trophy they might just start resting on their laurels and think they have achieved enough for the season. Unlikely scenario but judging by what has happened with clubs such as Birmingham it is at least a possibility.
Reply 396
Original post by L18

Hoping we win against both clubs and eventually win the 2 trophies. But in the FA cup we still have a long way to go, and the likes of Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea etc are still in there. Whilst in the Carling cup if we get at least a draw on Weds we would face Crystal Palace/Cardiff.

Hopefully Kenny and co will give it 100% since its a trophy + Europa [which we may not get if we count on league pos.].

Suarez will be back then unless if something happens too.
Posted the Kit's thinking they were the new realeses, turned out they were fan mock ups.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant the other way round, was gonna say lol
Reply 398
Original post by L18

You mean sacrific the United result? If so I'd tend to agree with that, we need to get a taste of success into the players to fire them up. If we don't see any new players join this month and if the season progresses in a similar manner to how it has so far I can't see us qualifying for europe at all. So the Carling cup will be our best chance to qualify if this scenario plays out. So I think I'd much rather we beat city to get to that final.

However ofcourse being greedy I'd want to beat both manc clubs but...
Reply 399
A Carling Cup win would be great. Would give the team a taste of success too.

I really cannot imagine losing to the Mancs in that F.A cup game though. I'd be ****ing depressed for weeks.

Latest