The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Surely Coates with his height would have been better than Carragher?
Reply 4281
Officiating has been ****ing awful so far.
Original post by Pn94
Referee is poor

Lmfao. How was that not a corner???? :lolwut:

I was just about to say if you think this level of refereeing is bad, try watching Championship games, where it's absolutely shocking, but that goal kick instead of corner decision matched some of the lower league lino decisions...
Reply 4283
I can't believe this set of officials. Are they blind?
I wanna watch a game in Anfield one day. The atmosphere and stadium seems amazing. :love:
Free kick in very good area, come on!
Reply 4286
Original post by -Someone-Like-You-
Lmfao. How was that not a corner???? :lolwut:

I was just about to say if you think this level of refereeing is bad, try watching Championship games, where it's absolutely shocking, but that goal kick instead of corner decision matched some of the lower league lino decisions...

Shocking. That linesman looks like he's having a mid-life crisis.
Original post by Pn94
Shocking. That linesman looks like he's having a mid-life crisis.

Haha, yeah that decision was dreadful. But nothing compared to what we had to put up with on Tuesday night vs Hull. We scored from a corner, and there was a disallowed goal for shirt-tugging when no such thing happened. Their player was about 3 feet offside but no flag was raised. One guy even shouted "Lino, you're the worst we've ever had!"

Going into the break 1-1 isn't a disaster. Hopefully Kenny can lift the lads and they can win tonight!

I'm going 2-1 Liverpool final score as my prediction, Suarez to score the winner. Or Gerrard. Perhaps 3-1 with both, if we're lucky :tongue:
Reply 4288
Well apart from the bad refereeing I think that was an ok half, not much chances created though, although we really need to stop wasting passes.
Our technical ability is bloody awful. Only Gerrard and Suarez actually look comfortable on the ball.
referee has been okay to be fair, the linesman/men have been poor though, they mistakes cost us a goal, and a potential corner on which we may have had a potential goal. i think we are playing mostly well, just need to keep up the pace.... suarez is fantastic as per
Reply 4291
Original post by -Someone-Like-You-
Haha, yeah that decision was dreadful. But nothing compared to what we had to put up with on Tuesday night vs Hull. We scored from a corner, and there was a disallowed goal for shirt-tugging when no such thing happened. Their player was about 3 feet offside but no flag was raised. One guy even shouted "Lino, you're the worst we've ever had!"

Going into the break 1-1 isn't a disaster. Hopefully Kenny can lift the lads and they can win tonight!

I'm going 2-1 Liverpool final score as my prediction, Suarez to score the winner. Or Gerrard. Perhaps 3-1 with both, if we're lucky :tongue:

The standard in the PL isn't much better tbh.

Hopefully we'll have enough quality. I'm not too sure though, this ref is doing us over atm.
Can see us losing to another set piece if we dont improve.
Reply 4293
We're just too pedestrian with our passing. Only suarez, gerrard and maxi are comfortable in possession. we really need to up the tempo
Reply 4294
Great goal.
Brilliant Stuart. Class. Accidental maybe, but who cares :tongue:

2-1 :biggrin:
I think Liverpool can hold this off, but they need to be weary of the Stoke counter. I think they're (us) throwing a lot forward (understandable since better team, home team, more possession, etc) but Stoke can be quick and dangerous.

If I was Liverpool, i'd play a calm, contained strategy from now on. Knock the ball around on the floor, short and sweet passes. Don't play high ball and give it away. Try and play almost Arsenal like when attacking and Man United like when keeping possession.

It's nice to see Gerrard dropping back every now and then too. They are playing bad tbh, especially since there is, and rightly so, a lot of trust in Reina in goal. Just don't want to concede a sloppy goal, especially with Pennant on to make runs on the counter. Just frustrate Stoke and take the win, avoiding a replay.
Reply 4297
Stoke are so dirty, pisses me off.
Reply 4298
Another trip to Wembley :biggrin:
General play was okay but nothing amazing, pretty sloppy at times.

However, both were very well worked goals, even if Gerrard's "assist" was accidental :biggrin:

Latest