The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomDixie
Only have to laugh at the numerous Liverpool fans I've heard on the radio, seen on the forums and have texted me that Carroll didn't dive.

The useless idiot could've just scored too!

Not really. It might be a dive, might not be. It's impossible to tell really imo. You have to remember how clumsy he is on his feet. If that was Suarez for example, it's a lot easier to pin point if it was a dive! But Carroll's diving history isn't exactly large so i'm not sure.
Reply 5601
Original post by lifeshard
I still can't believe he did that. To think he did great to get himself into that position, why throw it away? Stinks of someone with zero confidence. He actually thought he had a better chance at winning a penalty than scoring.

In my opinion he's already decided to go down and didn't expect Krul to pull out of it like he did.
Reply 5602
Original post by Gob Bluth
Not really. It might be a dive, might not be. It's impossible to tell really imo. You have to remember how clumsy he is on his feet. If that was Suarez for example, it's a lot easier to pin point if it was a dive! But Carroll's diving history isn't exactly large so i'm not sure.

If you're looking at that gif and not seeing a dive then there's no hope for you mate.

There's no contact and he throws himself to the floor.
Original post by TomDixie
If you're looking at that gif and not seeing a dive then there's no hope for you mate.

There's no contact and he throws himself to the floor.

A Manchester United fan also thinks the same which i notice you ignore.

I don't see why Liverpool fans would blindly defend Carroll. What's he exactly done for the club? This is highly neutral territory.

Don't act so arrogant and don't let your inherent dislike for Carroll get in the way.

He might have dived, might not have. Just not able to tell. Inconclusive evidence.
Reply 5604
Original post by Gob Bluth
A Manchester United fan also thinks the same which i notice you ignore.

I don't see why Liverpool fans would blindly defend Carroll. What's he exactly done for the club? This is highly neutral territory.

Don't act so arrogant and don't let your inherent dislike for Carroll get in the way.

He might have dived, might not have. Just not able to tell. Inconclusive evidence.

I really didn't notice he was a Man U fan.

I think it's 100% conclusive he dived. I don't have an inherent dislike for Carroll, I've actually met him in a restaurant in Jesmond, Newcastle and he was sound :smile:
Original post by Zerforax
How many premier league strikers could you buy?

Berbatov - 30mil
Rooney - 26mil
Torres - 50mil
Bent - 24mil

Sure there are other examples but can't think of any off the top off my head.

Yakubu (free)
Sturridge (free)
Crouch (8 million)
Defoe (8 million)

Okay, they're not of the calibre you mention above, but they're still a million miles better than Carroll. Regardless, that's not the point; why the need for the aforementioned striker to be from the Premier League?
Reply 5606
Carroll is finished at Liverpool imo and rightly so, offers us nothing N'gog didn't.
Original post by Rainy
Points we agree on:

Dalglish shouldn't be sacked

Dalglish is fallible

8/36 pts is unacceptable

our preparation/mindset and general strategy are a shambles

Does that sound fair?

We generally agree, so not going to give a massive reply, instead just pose to you one more question: If you're not pushing for top four by Christmas do you think should go then or season's end? That'll be four transfer windows he'll have had. And then a new manager can bring in one or two or shift out one or two.
Original post by KingMessi
Yakubu (free)
Sturridge (free)
Crouch (8 million)
Defoe (8 million)

Okay, they're not of the calibre you mention above, but they're still a million miles better than Carroll. Regardless, that's not the point; why the need for the aforementioned striker to be from the Premier League?

Didn't Spurs resign Defoe for like 15mil?
Crouch was signed by 4 different clubs for almost 10mil - yes
Sturridge ran down his contract so was free, though the tribunal has provided a structure which means Chelsea may pay like 6mil for him
Everton paid over 11mil (their highest until they bought Fellani) in 2007.

Shows you how much overvalued they are imo.

The owners obviously wanted to bring in a striker to make an instant impact. In hindsight it failed, spectacularly.
Original post by Zerforax
Didn't Spurs resign Defoe for like 15mil?
Crouch was signed by 4 different clubs for almost 10mil - yes
Sturridge ran down his contract so was free, though the tribunal has provided a structure which means Chelsea may pay like 6mil for him
Everton paid over 11mil (their highest until they bought Fellani) in 2007.

Shows you how much overvalued they are imo.

The owners obviously wanted to bring in a striker to make an instant impact. In hindsight it failed, spectacularly.

There's wanting to make an instant impact signing, and then there's spending thirty-five million pounds on a player who has approximately fifteen top-flight goals. And Yakubu has a consistent record of top-flight goalscoring, as does Defoe. If I remember correctly, Crouch scored twenty goals in one season for Liverpool.
Original post by Pn94
Carroll is finished at Liverpool imo and rightly so, offers us nothing N'gog didn't.

Sad to say but this is bang on.
Original post by lifeshard
If you ask me, Benetiz is getting a bit desperate..

I think he just gets invited to a lot of things eg BBC MoTD/other chats and then inevitable ask him/link him to jobs.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/fsg-to-demand-written-report-from-dalglish-on-underachieving-reds-3068612.html

Interesting.... no direct quotes, but would seem like the American thing to do.

If we can win all of our remaining games, we may be able to save face without getting 4th spot.

Regardless of results, goals, whatever.. the last thing I want to see is our team playing like **** and with their heads down.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mau5
To be fair we actually need the Liverpool to do Everton in the semi's otherwise we might get screwed out of a European spot. I'm not too confident of them doing it mind but they must be the luckiest side in the league so hopefully they can scrape through.

You wouldn't be too I think, Because chelsea/tottenham are favourites to win the FA cup. The only ways you can be screwed are(chelsea finish 5th and win the CL) or everton win the FA cup. I see neither of these two happening.
:lol:

'King' Kenny's face after the second goal went in. Brilliant.

Papiss Cisse (£11m) - 7 goals in 7 games.

Andy Carroll (£35m) - 6 league goals. :blush:

Kind of embarrassing i must say.
Original post by Vintage
:lol:

'King' Kenny's face after the second goal went in. Brilliant.

Papiss Cisse (£11m) - 7 goals in 7 games.

Andy Carroll (£35m) - 6 league goals. :blush:

Kind of embarrassing i must say.

Papiss Cisse - No winners medal

Andy Carroll - 1 winners medal

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? How many bellends do you know were calling for Wenger's head at the start of the season?

Latest