The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7580
:facepalm2: What a completely useless thing that will be. 3rd choice for league matches and 1st choice for Europe. It will give him more than enough game time as well as allowing him to get used to our style of play, his team mates and the pressure of playing for Lvierpool, which we have seen effect so many new players!
Original post by Mess.
:facepalm2: What a completely useless thing that will be. 3rd choice for league matches and 1st choice for Europe. It will give him more than enough game time as well as allowing him to get used to our style of play, his team mates and the pressure of playing for Lvierpool, which we have seen effect so many new players!

:facepalm: :facepalm2:

Please let this not be true....... We have European football next year, we will be fighting (hopefully) on 4 fronts; FA cup, league cup, Euorpa league and the Premiership, we will need at least 2 quality replacement centre backs for Agger and Skrtel; Coates seems to fit that bill...... and remember his goal vs QPR :gah:
Reply 7582
I didn't like Dalglish talking about the money we will or will not have available in the summer. All it does is let clubs know an estimation of what you have and they will price their players accordingly.
Reply 7583
Original post by Mess.
I didn't like Dalglish talking about the money we will or will not have available in the summer. All it does is let clubs know an estimation of what you have and they will price their players accordingly.

Exactly we'll just end getting bent over again for players, especially bearing in mind Chelsea have just got Marin for about £7m. There are a lot of things that need to change with the club
Reply 7584
If it is 4-4-2, it should be Bellamy and Downing on the wing. Hendo and Shelvey CM, and Gerrard as a centre forward/ CAM, you get the point, basically behind Suarez.

Or since Suarez is good at creating chances and good at hitting the post/missing, and Gerrard is good at Putting chances away. Gerrard should be our striker and Suarez CF/CAM!
Reply 7585
Original post by Stirlo
Exactly we'll just end getting bent over again for players, especially bearing in mind Chelsea have just got Marin for about £7m. There are a lot of things that need to change with the club

I think almost 100% of it is the PR :sigh: I do also think that the a lot of people at the club (same as a lot of fans) cannot criticise Dalglish even if they believe he is doing something ridiculous so he is just left to do what he wants even if it isn't suited to modern football. Perhaps that is why we were so tactically flexible last season as he was still finding his feet and let Steve Clarke have a bit more of a free reign with the team, whilst Dalglish just motivated them?
Reply 7586
Dalglish in his interview then :facepalm2: I know he thinks he is being clever and coy but it just comes across as rude and ignorant which really isn't helping the image of the club or the image of Dalglish himself. And before anyone says "who cares what others think" etc, our image has increased the pressure on the club itself which you can see in the performances of the players.
Reply 7587
Original post by Mess.
I think almost 100% of it is the PR :sigh: I do also think that the a lot of people at the club (same as a lot of fans) cannot criticise Dalglish even if they believe he is doing something ridiculous so he is just left to do what he wants even if it isn't suited to modern football. Perhaps that is why we were so tactically flexible last season as he was still finding his feet and let Steve Clarke have a bit more of a free reign with the team, whilst Dalglish just motivated them?

Thats an interesting point and sounds very plausible thinking about it really.

Not sure what to expect in the summer tbh. What I want is for Dalglish to go upstairs and step down as manager
Reply 7588
Just seen the table - we could be as low as 14th at the end of the season! also we need 8 points more to match our worst points tally.

Although Dalglish has won us 1 trophy, and on the brink of winning another, which I cannot see happening, I think he should go upstairs too. His buy british policy isn't working and I can see it happening again. Also another manager would have been sacked now. Think FSG got a big summer ahead of them in terms of manager and players.
Reply 7589
Well we've apparently bid £16m for Gaston Ramires (saw it on the lfc forum) was a link to the daily fail using his agent as a source.
Reply 7590
Why reveal it off camera if you are going to act like an arse on camera :facepalm2:
Reply 7591
Carroll with a groin strain then
Reply 7592
Carra just gave up chasing that, hes way too slow and shouldnt be playing...
Reply 7593
Suarez is pretty terrible at passing a ball isn't he. He seems to just let it bounce off him in the general direction of where he thinks it should go rather than a pass with purpose.

Carragher is getting dragged all over the place by Pilkington.
Reply 7594
Original post by Mess.

Carragher is getting dragged all over the place by Pilkington.

Yup, can see him giving a penalty away today
Reply 7595
Champion really does despise Suarez :rolleyes: The insinuation that Suarez had done something to Drury then without having any knowledge what had happened shows the sort of treatment he gets subjected to week in, week out.
Reply 7596
Original post by Stirlo
Yup, can see him giving a penalty away today

Wouldn't it be less effort to just say when we don't think Carragher will give a penalty away :awesome:
Reply 7597
Nah I still hope Kenny isn't here next season. It's not progress haha.

We won't win today.

And FFS, why the scapegoating of Carragher? There's a reason he's still here, he's still a great defender and you all need to chill the hell out.
Reply 7598
Original post by Jim-Jam
Nah I still hope Kenny isn't here next season. It's not progress haha.

We won't win today.

And FFS, why the scapegoating of Carragher? There's a reason he's still here, he's still a great defender and you all need to chill the hell out.

He hasn't been a great defender for a couple of seasons now which is why he isn't first choice anymore. He isn't quick enough, strong enough or clever enough to be a top class defender now.

-------------

Why did Henderson push him over then :facepalm2: He was covered by 3 ****ing players :sigh:
Reply 7599
I really dislike that 'never the victim' chant. I don't expect intelligence from any football supporter, least of all those who support what is essentially a Championship club, but I would expect some sort of empathy and understanding from them as human beings.

Latest