The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh, 'I don't hate Utd' means he's a Manc?

Ignore what I said, though. Its like talking to a wall trying to converse with some of you lot.

And OrionMoo, I presume you took umbrage with LFC's statement after the Suarez thing, given that you like things to be factual. Am I right?
Reply 1181
Original post by Kevmeister
Oh, 'I don't hate Utd' means he's a Manc?

Ignore what I said, though. Its like talking to a wall trying to converse with some of you lot.

And OrionMoo, I presume you took umbrage with LFC's statement after the Suarez thing, given that you like things to be factual. Am I right?

'Only if they're playing Derby/Liverpool'. Suggests to me he doesn't like Liverpool.

The Club have denied the rumour anyway apparently.
Original post by Pn94
'Only if they're playing Derby/Liverpool'. Suggests to me he doesn't like Liverpool.

The Club have denied the rumour anyway apparently.

Doesn't mean he's a Manc, though - there are tons of people that don't like Liverpool.

Forest fan, banned from OT - must be a Manc because he doesn't like Liverpool! Christ.
Reply 1183
Doesn't mean he's a Manc, though - there are tons of people that don't like Liverpool.

Forest fan, banned from OT - must be a Manc because he doesn't like Liverpool! Christ.

Why has he been banned anyway?
Reply 1184

Original post by Pn94

Who isn't banned from OT tbf :dontknow:
Original post by Pn94

Unofficial book about Fergie.
Reply 1186
Original post by Mess.
Who isn't banned from OT tbf :dontknow:

True. Tow the Fergie line or you're banned.

Unofficial book about Fergie.

:biggrin: wtf.

If anything, further suggests he's a fan
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pn94
True. Tow the Fergie line or you're banned.

:biggrin: wtf.

Perfectly understandable, tbf - he made a lot of money from the book, and Paddy Barclay and Fergie co-wrote a book - Taylor's was bound to cost them some sales.

As for your edit: No, not really. It was easy money.
Reply 1188
Perfectly understandable, tbf - he made a lot of money from the book, and Paddy Barclay and Fergie co-wrote a book - Taylor's was bound to cost them some sales.

As for your edit: No, not really. It was easy money.

If you write a book about someone, it's because you strongly admire them.

Maybe that explains why Barclay's such a ****.

Is that not pursuing a personal agenda through the club though? What difference does it make to United?
Reply 1190
Original post by Pn94
If you write a book about someone, it's because you strongly admire them.

Maybe that explains why Barclay's such a ****.

Since when did you have to support someones club to admire them. I.e. I admired Thierry Henry, as for the club he played for... well you'd probably know how intense Arsenal-United was in the early 00s.

wut? :confused:
Original post by Panthalic
Is that not pursuing a personal agenda through the club though? What difference does it make to United?

He banned the BBC from OT because they 'attacked' his sons. Fergie is Utd, Utd is Fergie. And I'd guess at Utd getting a % of image rights money from Fergie. ....

As for saying one writes a book because they admire people, err, yeah all those historians admire Hitler and so forth. Any book about Fergie is bound to be easy money.
Reply 1193
Original post by VQG
Since when did you have to support someones club to admire them. I.e. I admired Thierry Henry, as for the club he played for... well you'd probably know how intense Arsenal-United was in the early 00s.

You wouldn't write a book about him though.
Original post by orionmoo
wut? :confused:

Well, given the factual inaccuracies in DT's article, and the same in the statement released by LFC about Suarez's ban - like trying to slur Evra's name by saying he had 'previous' - I presume you ridiculed the LFC statement to the same extent, right?
Reply 1195
Original post by Pn94
You wouldn't write a book about him though.

Well if I could, and I was guaranteed to make money out of it course I would.
Reply 1196
Original post by VQG
Well if I could, and I was guaranteed to make money out of it course I would.

You have to be really interested/passionate about something to write a book about it.

That screenshot I posted earlier, the fact he's written a book about your manager and the fact that he was one of the journos based around your club before he became chief football writer suggests that Taylor's a United sympathizer, at the least.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well, given the factual inaccuracies in DT's article, and the same in the statement released by LFC about Suarez's ban - like trying to slur Evra's name by saying he had 'previous' - I presume you ridiculed the LFC statement to the same extent, right?

Well that all depends whether you are of the opinion that things are "factually inaccurate". Until a see a statement from the club confirmed that a deal is in progress or has been done then one cannot trust any so-called ITKs, and especially not journos.

With regards to the Suarez stuff, the FA decided things as facts based upon the balance of probabilities, which is what my pic before was taking the piss out of. I stand by my club and the decisions they've made, as I would expect you to do the same with yours. For myself and many other LFC fans the "factual inaccuracies" are within the FAs report. For MU fans the opposite is true - all depends on what your bias is as I said at the top.

I honestly fail to see why you have suddenly started on me for posting a satirical statement.

Do you only come into your club's rivals threads to argue?
Reply 1198
Original post by Pn94
You have to be really interested/passionate about something to write a book about it.

That screenshot I posted earlier, the fact he's written a book about your manager and the fact that he was one of the journos based around your club before he became chief football writer suggests that Taylor's a United sympathizer, at the least.

Depends on who your writing the book on, on book on someone like Fergie is easy to write. Some boring old sod like Henry is a bit more tough.

So any Man Utd sympathizer is automatically anti-liverpool? *Cough*Sir Matt Busby*Cough
Reply 1199
He banned the BBC from OT because they 'attacked' his sons. Fergie is Utd, Utd is Fergie. And I'd guess at Utd getting a % of image rights money from Fergie. ....

As for saying one writes a book because they admire people, err, yeah all those historians admire Hitler and so forth. Any book about Fergie is bound to be easy money.

What's there not to admire about hitler? He was just misunderstood due to cultural differences! The FA were out to get him from the start.

Latest