The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L18
Got my ticket for Wembley. Block 113.

Nice! So jelly, How much were those tickets? They the £72 or £90 ones?
Anyone willing to get me a ticket, would pay 30 pounds extra!
Reply 1582
Original post by TaylorGang_4

People could probably get £200 extra very easily if they were inclined to make a profit.
Reply 1583
Original post by orionmoo
Nice! So jelly, How much were those tickets? They the £72 or £90 ones?

56 quid.

The site plans floating round the web are wrong.

I asked for 72 quid ones but they only had 119 and i wanted to be behind the goal.
Original post by L18
56 quid.

The site plans floating round the web are wrong.

I asked for 72 quid ones but they only had 119 and i wanted to be behind the goal.

Aye just found this:
http://www.cardiffcitystadium.co.uk/wembleyMAP.jpg

Looks like a paint job lol

No. I'm going to give any extra tickets I get to someone more deserving. For face value.
Reply 1586
Original post by ChrisWilliams
No. I'm going to give any extra tickets I get to someone more deserving. For face value.

Do you have to buy a fancard every year (for £2.50?) or is it a one off purchase?
So United have decided to cut Liverpool's allocation from 3100 to 2100 today. How on Earth can this have not been decided until the week before the game?!
Original post by IanDangerously
So United have decided to cut Liverpool's allocation from 3100 to 2100 today. How on Earth can this have not been decided until the week before the game?!

I thought you had to give a 15% allocation or similar quota to the average to away fans? I'm amazed a stadium with 75,000 seats can get away with giving only 2,100 tickets :s-smilie:
Reply 1590
Original post by Zerforax

I thought you had to give a 15% allocation or similar quota to the average to away fans? I'm amazed a stadium with 75,000 seats can get away with giving only 2,100 tickets :s-smilie:

Gets decreased due to health and safety, same reason why we could reduce the United allocation.
Worth a shot but they won't let me enter the ballot. Sad times :frown:
Reply 1592
Do you have to buy a fancard every year (for £2.50?) or is it a one off purchase?

fancard is a one off purchase

****ing joke.

Got no problem with you cutting our allocation, as we'll just return the favour again next season. But it now means we have only 9 days to organise a sales process. Ridiculous.

That'd mean 10k away fans. ....
Original post by Kevmeister
That'd mean 10k away fans. ....

Hence why I said I said or equivilant quota. Am I wrong about the 15% figure which applies to most other clubs? I thought we would've gotten at least 4,500.
Reply 1595
Hence why I said I said or equivilant quota. Am I wrong about the 15% figure which applies to most other clubs? I thought we would've gotten at least 4,500.

15% only applies to the cups.

and we had 10k away fans at OT last season.

Only 15% for cup competitions because the gate revenue is split 55/45 between the home and away club.

Original post by L18

****ing joke.

Got no problem with you cutting our allocation, as we'll just return the favour again next season. But it now means we have only 9 days to organise a sales process. Ridiculous.

I actually think next season we might see full allocation again because Merseyside police, LFC and the city council all agreed after United's last visit the fans caused no significant safety risk. It'll be harder for them to cut the allocation on those grounds again now as a result.

9 days is a bit ridiculous, its possible to get them distributed in that time though. We had a similar situation with City in the cup but the ballot applications were all in anyway so as soon as the allocation was confirmed they got the draw done.

You can't buy fancards anymore.
Reply 1598

I actually think next season we might see full allocation again because Merseyside police, LFC and the city council all agreed after United's last visit the fans caused no significant safety risk. It'll be harder for them to cut the allocation on those grounds again now as a result.

Not a chance.

You probably would have got a full allocation if United hadn't just pulled this stunt. As it stands, I'll be amazed if the allocation goes up.

9 days is a bit ridiculous, its possible to get them distributed in that time though. We had a similar situation with City in the cup but the ballot applications were all in anyway so as soon as the allocation was confirmed they got the draw done.

We are in the middle of selling 31k cup tickets though which complicates the issue.
Was the Torres deal £50m straight up in cash or a specific amount and then the rest performance related add ons?

Cause I don't think we'll be getting the performance (e.g. goals) add ons any time soon. :rofl2:

Latest