The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
http://lolwtfcomics.blogspot.com/2011/12/horse-playing-with-ball-falling.html
Here's Andy Carroll's immense ball control he did in the 1st half!
****ing draws!!!

Sick of drawing games. I'd rather win 5 and lose 5 in trying to win games, than draw 10. Mainly because it gets you 15 points instead of 10.

Why don't we just go for it? Sack the DCM off for a more attacking player? It won't work all the time but we'd sure as hell win more and have more points in the bag.
Reply 1782
Tottenham and their Stoke like Anti football set out for the point and got it. It's not draws like these we should be worrying about, it's dropping points to the lesser teams we should be worrying about.
Reply 1783
Original post by lazy smurf

Original post by lazy smurf
****ing draws!!!

Sick of drawing games. I'd rather win 5 and lose 5 in trying to win games, than draw 10. Mainly because it gets you 15 points instead of 10.

Why don't we just go for it? Sack the DCM off for a more attacking player? It won't work all the time but we'd sure as hell win more and have more points in the bag.

I've said this for a long time. Just ****ing go for it every ****ing time, especially against the lower clubs. It is what United (and in years gone by Arsenal) do. Just fly in to them, smash them off the park, get the goal or two and have a rest during the match.
Reply 1784
Original post by jermaindefoe
van der vaart and lennon were big big misses for us today. Kaboul has been a beast for us too so in that respect im happy with the point

As well as a team that's allegedly good enough for 3rd to the title just playing hoofball and defending... Bravo.

And Carroll's first touch most of the time tonight was brilliant. So shut up. Downing? Should be permanently benched for Kuyt now.

Where's maxi? He's abandoned for the favoured 4 defenders on the bench... We should bring on that extra attacker in situations like this.
We have the lowest chance conversion rate in the premiership at only 8.92%. That's our main problem right there
Original post by Jim-Jam
As well as a team that's allegedly good enough for 3rd to the title just playing hoofball and defending... Bravo.

And Carroll's first touch most of the time tonight was brilliant. So shut up. Downing? Should be permanently benched for Kuyt now.

Where's maxi? He's abandoned for the favoured 4 defenders on the bench... We should bring on that extra attacker in situations like this.

They went away to Anfield and got more than what United did so stop being sour.
Reply 1787
Original post by rickjames
They went away to Anfield and got more than what United did so stop being sour.

They also came and got a draw - What they came for.

I wouldn't be arsed, but we're still nowhere near winning the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland, Wigan, Blackburn etc at Anfield. So it's important we win them all. And we're not. At all.
Reply 1788
Yet, the most clean sheets.

Extremely frustrating.
Original post by Mess.
I've said this for a long time. Just ****ing go for it every ****ing time, especially against the lower clubs. It is what United (and in years gone by Arsenal) do. Just fly in to them, smash them off the park, get the goal or two and have a rest during the match.

Pisses me off. It's a mentality we've had since Rafa.

9% chance conversion rate too. Should have signed a goal scorer in January, like I said.

I should be the Liverpool manager :biggrin:
Reply 1790
'It's fantastic for us to get him back. Should never have been out in the first place' on Suarez.

Should've just left it alone Kenny...
For Fogs Sake.
Reply 1792

Original post by Pn94
'It's fantastic for us to get him back. Should never have been out in the first place' on Suarez.

Agreed, it is becoming embarassing how much it keeps getting mentioned.
Original post by Pn94

Original post by Mess.

Shying away is not the Liverpool way...
Reply 1794
Original post by Mess.

Every time it's drudged back up I just let out a groan tbh.
Original post by Tom_Hagen

No need for these kind of comments. They won't do us any good.
Reply 1795
He's not great for PR is he Dalglish? Someone in your PR department should have a word with him, it's all good being honest with the fans etc but you've also got to make sure you don't give the media anything to bite onto.
Reply 1796
Original post by VQG
He's not great for PR is he Dalglish? Someone in your PR department should have a word with him, it's all good being honest with the fans etc but you've also got to make sure you don't give the media anything to bite onto.

He's strong willed. He'll say what he believes.

If this racism stuff hadn't happened in the first place he would've been fine.
Original post by Pn94
No need for these kind of comments. They won't do us any good.

I know where you are coming from, but the media and everybody else knows where the club stands on the issue.

Suarez hasn't even apologised (really). So that's that.. I don't think it's going to amount to anything.
Reply 1798

I don't think you understand what that traditionally means. The 'Liverpool Way' was more about keeping things in house, not discussing anything in public and holding ourselves and the club with dignity.

Not 'lets just be aggressive over things because they are a valuable asset'.

Edit: The second sentence isn't aimed at you, its aimed at how the club has acted during all this.
Reply 1799
Kenny has completely embarrassed himself with regards to Suarez / Evra.

Should just shut the **** up for once

Latest