The Student Room Group

Work Experience, HELP!!

Hey guys,
Well I'm in year 12 and our year has work experience for 2 weeks during July, and our teachers have said that we should start looking now, and should be appropriate towards what you'd want to do further on in life.

Well firstly I want to study computer science, I don't have any programming knowledge at the moment and only got a basic knowledge of IT.
I would say I know quite a lot about consumer electronics (if that really matters or counts :frown: )

I live in London and was wondering where I could possibly get work experience. Are places like IBM & Google... very unlikely??

Thanks in advance for any replies :smile:
Original post by AmrinderRai
Hey guys,
Well I'm in year 12 and our year has work experience for 2 weeks during July, and our teachers have said that we should start looking now, and should be appropriate towards what you'd want to do further on in life.

Well firstly I want to study computer science, I don't have any programming knowledge at the moment and only got a basic knowledge of IT.
I would say I know quite a lot about consumer electronics (if that really matters or counts :frown: )

I live in London and was wondering where I could possibly get work experience. Are places like IBM & Google... very unlikely??

Thanks in advance for any replies :smile:

Unlikely I would say, but if you are very good at consumer electronics, why dont you try your local pc world/comet, then you have work experience, which i tell you is extremely important..before you go for IBM and Google, that way you have more skills to write about in your CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending