The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Wow I wouldn't be too upset if I missed accomodation at the Uni! This place is 700euros per month with 3 bedrooms, thats like £200 per month for an amazing flat right next to Uni no travel costs

http://www.remax-malta.com/240101042-181

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 241
Original post by Abbieastoria
I don't know because I'm living about 300 mile away from home for the Summer so my mam opened the letter and rang to tell me, all I know is that it said I've been accepted and it gave me a username and password for the emailing system there and course starts 1st October

Are there any kind of loans for studying in Malta? like to cover living expenses and stuff?
Original post by dmz
Are there any kind of loans for studying in Malta? like to cover living expenses and stuff?

No, You can ask UK education charities for a sort of donation but it usually tends to be around £100-200 and you have to fill out loads of paper work, it seems like a right bother. This is the only drawback of studying in Malta as far as I can see, but accomodation is cheaper than it is in the UK and food etc is not too expensive.

Reply 243
No, You can ask UK education charities for a sort of donation but it usually tends to be around £100-200 and you have to fill out loads of paper work, it seems like a right bother. This is the only drawback of studying in Malta as far as I can see, but accomodation is cheaper than it is in the UK and food etc is not too expensive.

yea, sounds like a free flight is all you get from it? How much do you reckon it'll cost to live there a year? 2 years to start saving
Original post by dmz
yea, sounds like a free flight is all you get from it? How much do you reckon it'll cost to live there a year? 2 years to start saving

I would say, if you're very good with money, around £4000 which includes accomodation, food, travel and flights home. That's what I'm aiming for anyway. My parents have been saving up for my accomodation and they still aren't close to £2000 so I've been working over the summer to make the money up

Reply 245
Who is going to the university of Malta in October?
Reply 246
I still haven't heard back from them. Is there anyone else also waiting for the decision letter.?
Can someone let me know how you actually apply for Medicine in Malta? I have had a look on their website but it's pretty unhelpful there seems to be no information on admissions or applying? Thanks :smile:
Reply 248
Original post by Sutherland88
Can someone let me know how you actually apply for Medicine in Malta? I have had a look on their website but it's pretty unhelpful there seems to be no information on admissions or applying? Thanks :smile:

The online application system only opens for a couple of weeks in Nov/Dec as well as in July/Aug. If you are going to apply for 2013 entry you would have to wait until November.

If you are using A-levels to gain entry then they are looking for subjects passed in Humanities and/or Languages in addition to Chemistry and Biology. If you don't meet the requirements then I suggest you email the university directly for further advise.
Booked my accomodation, woop woop! See you there guys!

Reply 250
Booked my accomodation, woop woop! See you there guys!

Did you go for uni halls in the end?
Original post by Aysha92
Did you go for uni halls in the end?

Yea sharing accomodation because it's only 2400 euros

Original post by Insane monkey
Is sharing accommodation the university residence one?

Yea x

Reply 253
Original post by Aysha92
I have Arabic AS too. Does psychology count as a humanities subject?

I don't think it does. You're both missing a humanity and art AS at grade E or above so that's probably why you got rejected :/
Reply 254
Original post by joker12345
Are you sure about Plymouth/Exeter? I couldn't find anything on their website and emailed but they haven't replied yet ...

Also, could anyone tell me if there's any point in applying here with all science and maths A levels for next year? I could do a language AS this year I guess, as I've finished school ...

If you take a language, humanity and art (e.g. theatre studies, art, computing, textiles) AS and get a grade E or above this year, then you should have no problem getting in provided you got a 3 Bs at A Level in biology, chemistry and something else.

And, btw, you can 100% apply to Exeter after resits because I asked the main tutor doctor, or whatever he is, that looks after the medical students and he said that Exeter only cares about grades, but not when or where they were taken etc... This is for 2013 entry. I presume Plymouth is the same, but don't take my word for it!
Reply 255
Original post by Weasle
I don't think it does. You're both missing a humanity and art AS at grade E or above so that's probably why you got rejected :/

I had geography as a humanities subject. I don't have an arts subject though and no one from admissions said anything about it
Original post by singh12
The online application system only opens for a couple of weeks in Nov/Dec as well as in July/Aug. If you are going to apply for 2013 entry you would have to wait until November.

If you are using A-levels to gain entry then they are looking for subjects passed in Humanities and/or Languages in addition to Chemistry and Biology. If you don't meet the requirements then I suggest you email the university directly for further advise.

Thanks! What is the application like. Do I need to have a personal statement prepared and do I also need character/educational references?
Original post by Sutherland88
Thanks! What is the application like. Do I need to have a personal statement prepared and do I also need character/educational references?

No you just need the right grades in the right subjects

I'm so excited I leave 2 weeks today! Sorted my accommodation and enrolment. Only thing is I need my hepatitis B jab

Reply 259
I'm so excited I leave 2 weeks today! Sorted my accommodation and enrolment. Only thing is I need my hepatitis B jab

I would really appreciate if you could explain the procedure for accommodation. Were you provided with accommodation by the university or did you have to find one by yourself. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending