The Student Room Group

Toppings for jacket potatoes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Ninja
So basically - ''cheese and anything''? :rolleyes:

Yes, but only to the point where it gets silly i.e. cheese and lampshades, cheese and irony etc
segat1
Yes, but only to the point where it gets silly i.e. cheese and lampshades, cheese and irony etc
Toasted pinenuts?
Tuna and sweetcorn is probably the best health-wise. Cheese is very fattening and beans contain quite a lot of sugar, but tuna is incredibly good for you. Moisten it with low fat salad cream and add sweetcorn.....it's yummy.
mmmmm cottage cheese oooo and tinned tomatoes are louvely!!!
Reply 24
I like egg on mine, when I told one of my mates ages ago she said I was weird :frown: But its really nice! Smash some egg up with mayo (tiny bit!) then smash it up with the tatie :biggrin:
Tuna or prawns.

I have to have mayo on those so I opt for a low low calorie variety or...ooh I'll tell you what's really yummy with tuna-Sainsbury's French Mayonnaise(low fat one)-it's GORGEOUS!
Reply 26
Apricot Fairy
Tuna and sweetcorn is probably the best health-wise. Cheese is very fattening and beans contain quite a lot of sugar, but tuna is incredibly good for you. Moisten it with low fat salad cream and add sweetcorn.....it's yummy.

:eek: Yuck, I don't like the sound of that. Plus I don't care for low fat foods because I find that they taste awful plus I don't need to lose weight at all.
Reply 27
scrambled eggs, some salad, dusted on top with some pepper.
this gorge thing which my m8 makes which is cheese coleslaw and pineapple!!! x x x
Reply 29
cover it in brandy and set it alight?

I like mine with ham and cheese :biggrin:
Elements
:eek: Yuck, I don't like the sound of that. Plus I don't care for low fat foods because I find that they taste awful plus I don't need to lose weight at all (quite the opposite in fact).

Low fat foods taste awful?? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation! Does that mean you don't like any fruit, veg, lean meat or fish then? Because it's not just about losing weight, it's about the state of your bones, brain, skin etc as well! I don't need to lose weight either, but I like to keep my skin looking great.
Reply 31
Apricot Fairy
Low fat foods taste awful?? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation! Does that mean you don't like any fruit, veg, lean meat or fish then? Because it's not just about losing weight, it's about the state of your bones, brain, skin etc as well! I don't need to lose weight either, but I like to keep my skin looking great.

Me too for the skin and body thing. And I wasn't referring to fruit, veg, lean meat and fish, because I love all of those and eat them regularly. Instead I was talking about all these low fat marked products etc. I have tried some of then before so I do know what I'm talking about.
Elements
Me too for the skin and body thing. And I wasn't referring to fruit, veg, lean meat and fish, because I love all of those and eat them regularly. Instead I was talking about all these low fat marked products etc. I have tried some of then before so I do know what I'm talking about.

You have tried some of them before so you can pass judgement on all of them? Low fat mayo and salad cream don't actually taste any different to the full-fat versions, IMO.
Reply 33
Apricot Fairy
You have tried some of them before so you can pass judgement on all of them? Low fat mayo and salad cream don't actually taste any different to the full-fat versions, IMO.

Well I doubt that you have tried every piece of food that says it's low fat either. I'm just going on what I have known. Who knows, maybe there are some low fat foods out there that I'd like but I haven't tried them yet so I wouldn't know. Where mayonnaise and salad cream are concerned, I tasted the full-fat versions of them and hated them; it made me :puke: in fact so there was no way and no point that I'd touch the lower fat ones. I don't need them to make up my diet or something else like potato toppings because I have either grated cheese or cheese and beans on top of them, instead. Of course these are all opinions but they are based on our own individual truths and fact.

Your opinion/ individual truth: You like low fat mayonnaise and salad cream for example, as well as the full-fat versions. Fact.

My opinion/ individual truth: I don't like mayonnaise or salad dream at all and the low fat foods I have tasted so far I don't like them. Fact.

Based on where there are differences of taste and opinion, there can never be the Ultimate Universal Truth for everyone.

I can't believe we're having an argument in a thread about potato toppings tbh.:p: No offence to the OP. But it's not like it's one of the most controversial of topics that invites alot of disagreements. But potato toppings is still good; you're making me really want a jacket potato right now.:p: Still everyone to their own: we'll all make our own points.:smile:
Reply 34
The Ninja
Toasted pinenuts?
Yeah!! Yummo!
segat1
Yeah!! Yummo!
Remind me of pine cones... you don't eat them on jacket potatos do you? (With cheese, of course :biggrin: )
Well there's this place that does potatoes near me called The Proud Potato, and they do it with chilli, now I thought that was weird till I tried it. It's nice from there but if you try it yourself it WILL cause a soggy f**ked up mess!
Reply 37
Pinenuts are yum they come from special pine cones, and are infamous in the italian dessert Torte della Nonna.

M m m m m you usually get them in salads.... but super good on jacket potatoes with cheese etc

:biggrin:
segat1
Pinenuts are yum they come from special pine cones, and are infamous in the italian dessert Torte della Nonna.

M m m m m you usually get them in salads.... but super good on jacket potatoes with cheese etc

:biggrin:
Infamous, eh? Like the banditos in Mexico... I'm so bored.
Reply 39
The Ninja
Infamous, eh? Like the banditos in Mexico... I'm so bored.
yeah. banditos. Musical flavoured crisps.

Quick Reply

Latest